Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
navajochief

2016 Fuzion 325 Lack Of Warranty Repairs

We recently purchased a '16 Fuzion 325 April 9, 2016, From Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, CA, and took deliver the same day. Upon our walk through, we noticed the back ramp screen was missing. It was an item that would have to be ordered. We were told once the screen arrives we only have to return the trailer back to the dealer to have the item installed. We live some 200 miles away from the dealer we purchased the trailer from. So we take delivery and take the trailer out for "shakedown" camping trips to see if any warranty issues arise. Indeed they did. We made a list of repairs and dropped off the trailer on September 26, 2016. The service agent that assisted us was rude and made it well apparent we were inconveniencing him. There was a miss up on the appt schedule and I was not even on the schedule to drop off the trailer as mentioned. I had confirmed the date prior to arriving as the drive is long for me just to show up and expect immediate service without the an appt. So I leave the trailer there and didn't hear from the service rep (Jeff M.) since. I then placed a call two weeks ago and left a message on his voicemail. After not receiving a return phone call in 24hrs I called again. This time I discovered "Jeff M." no longer works there. He was "let go" from what I was told. And now "Dan" is responsible for the repair order I submitted back in September 26, 2016. After communicating with "Dan" when the trailer would be ready for pick up I was told the trailer is ready, minus some parts that were ordered (light lens and a decal that adheres to the wall of the bedroom) that had not arrived and that can be mailed to me. We drive the 200 miles only to discover most of the warranty issue were not completed. Furthermore, the rear screen that was suppose to be installed that was originally missing from our walk through was sent back to Keystone. Moreover, the trailer battery was DOA and I actually had to drive my truck on the lot to jump start the generator. Needless to say, we were livid. Dan did what he could and he tried. I don't necessarily blame Dan as he inherited my service order but the work should of been checked to ensure it was complete prior to us driving the 200 miles to pick up our trailer that still needs some items addressed. Dan will contact me when the rear screen door arrives. Was given the option to leave trailer there again or return for the repair/installation once the screen arrives. I'm now looking if I can take my trailer to a Keystone dealer close to me for this repair and installation of the rear screen. Got a call from a Mike Thompson RV reviewer the next day to review my experience which you could imagine was not positive. I was told my comments would be sent up the chain to corporate and see what remedies could be done. All I know is my warranty is up next year and my trailer sat at their service center for almost two months. Not happy.
Donahoe Racing 4.5" Lift, Dick Cepek Fun Country 35x12.50 18" tires, Helo 791 Chrome Wheels, Blue Spring upgrade, Dieselsite coolant filter with ELC, K&N air intake, Edge CTS, 4.30 OEM gears with Ford alluminum finned differential cover, Line X Bedliner, Dual alternators, Air lift 5K Bags, Spicer u-joints/ball joints, Powerstop rotors/pads, Pullrite Superglide 18K ISR hitch.
2016 Keystone Fuzion 325 with Monster Package
navajochief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Re: 2016 Fuzion 325 Lack Of Warranty Repairs

You are dealing with a poor dealer with inexperienced staff. Follow up, follow through and attention to detail are basic requirements of a decent dealership; and it's obvious that is lacking here.

You need to forget "Dan" and get on a first name, personal level with the service manager and the owner/GM of the dealership. You need someone providing oversight on your repairs and the service advisor. Right now you are just going round and round at the bottom of bowl - and they would be happy to keep you there if you let them. Pull yourself out of that and get up on top of the bowl with the management team so that they can oversee your repair work and you can oversee them.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

As sourdough just said, you're dealing with the "hired help" which, in most situations, doesn't have any authority to make decisions, change policy and get your rig fixed. You need to discuss this with the service manager AND the general manager. If I were you, I'd set up a "face to face" meeting with both of them at the earliest opportunity. They can fix your problems, but unless they get involved, you're going to, as sourdough said, keep twirling around at the bottom of the fishbowl.

That said, none of this is Keystone's fault. The problems may (or may not) have been caused by Keystone, but at this point, the dealership is responsible. The missing screen could easily have been "removed to keep another customer happy", or could have been Keystone's oversight during manufacturing. No matter the "cause" it's the "solution" that you're looking for and that's the direct responsibility of the selling dealership.

You may be able to find a closer dealer to work on your trailer, but you'll probably get better (and faster) results with the selling dealership. You just need to make sure that "management" (not the "worker-bees") is fully aware of what's going on.

Remember, you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
navajochief

This is what has us so frustrated. Our commute is so long as I mentioned and Orange County, CA traffic isn't exactly our friend as we live in Brawley, CA. All farming land down here. The reason why we didn't buy local (Yuma, AZ) was because we got such a good deal on the price, plus, our local Keystone dealers carry Raptors and Montanas and we were set on the Fuzion. I plan to write a letter today. I mean, at this point, from my prospective, sometimes saving a little bit of money isn't worth it in the end.
Donahoe Racing 4.5" Lift, Dick Cepek Fun Country 35x12.50 18" tires, Helo 791 Chrome Wheels, Blue Spring upgrade, Dieselsite coolant filter with ELC, K&N air intake, Edge CTS, 4.30 OEM gears with Ford alluminum finned differential cover, Line X Bedliner, Dual alternators, Air lift 5K Bags, Spicer u-joints/ball joints, Powerstop rotors/pads, Pullrite Superglide 18K ISR hitch.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by navajochief View Post
This is what has us so frustrated. Our commute is so long as I mentioned and Orange County, CA traffic isn't exactly our friend as we live in Brawley, CA. All farming land down here. The reason why we didn't buy local (Yuma, AZ) was because we got such a good deal on the price, plus, our local Keystone dealers carry Raptors and Montanas and we were set on the Fuzion. I plan to write a letter today. I mean, at this point, from my prospective, sometimes saving a little bit of money isn't worth it in the end.

I think many, if not most, RV purchaser's who make the decision to buy a great distance from home to save a few dollars end up regretting it. Writing a letter is OK and will get you in touch with the sales manager/GM (if you have their names) but does not carry any kinda sorta the weight of a face to face. A letter will be read, you will be far away, it will be placed in a tray "for future action" and slowly turn brown from age.......

I deal with things right here, right now and have never had a service manager or GM ignore me, walk away from me or say....."I'll get back to you in a few days". The more urgent you are about your problem, the more urgent they will be. Heck, after going to get my trailer after some repairs, and finding that in fact they still didn't fix the LP regulator (with the GM and service advisor standing there and listening to my chiding) they removed everything to replace the regulator and the GM told the service manager "Let's grab these things (LP tanks), I'm sure they need filling" (one did) and he and the SM grabbed one each and took off around the building carrying the things to the fill station (it was 100 degrees and a BIG place). They didn't need to do that. They were embarrassed. They were at the trailer with me as I did my final inspection to take it home. They figured all was well and we would shake hands and I would go on my merry way. Instead the above happened and they were both very unhappy - not with me. The tech I'm sure was raked over the coals....if he retained his job.

Long story just to emphasize that a letter is not the best way to accomplish something you need done right away....IMO.

Just wanted to add; you're in a situation where your warranty could expire while you exchange letters. THAT date, the warranty expiration, is one you want to write in red on a big calendar and pay attention to. If the dealer can drag this out past the 12 months Keystone will no longer authorize repairs and you will no longer be able to get the needed repairs paid for. Speed is of the essence on this. It already appears to me that the dealership has a mode of operation to take things in and sit on them. Months can pass that way. Escalate and get involved face to face (sorry if that is redundant).
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Barbell

Liivng in the Southwest, we started looking there for our fiver several years before we bought one. We looked at numerous dealers including several Thompson dealerships in Southern California. We also looked in AZ and Colorado. When at a dealership in Prescott, AZ, we were told that our requirements for an RVwere silly, we eventually decided because he did not have what we wanted on his lot. The Thompson dealerships were not a lot better. We eventually bought from Pete's RV in Indiana and could not be happier with it.
We have had occasion to seek service from other Keystone dealers and, sad to say, for too many, the first question was "did you buy it here?" There are good dealers around; besides Petes, we have had good service at Camping World shops in Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC, Winchester, VA, Beaumont, AZ, Tucson, AZ and severalothers as well as Centennial RVin Grand Junction, CO. Can't comment on service at Thompson because their sales staff was so bad, wouldn't onsider going back there for service.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
navajochief

Update: I finally heard from the "newly" assigned service manager from Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley early this week and we spoke on the phone regarding the issues I currently have with their lack of commitment in completing the repairs my trailer was there in the first place, and close to two months with most of the repairs not done. I informed him that I already made an appt with a local Keystone dealer here in Yuma, AZ, which is approx. 70 miles from my location. Surprising enough, the dealer there in Yuma (RV World) was quite polite and never gave the speech: "you didn't buy it here." They gave me an appt to address the issues I currently need attention and I mentioned the issue regarding the missing rear ramp screen and he offered some advise on how to get it done without me having to pay for it since it was owed to me. The service manager at Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, CA did offer to send a crew to my house to install the missing rear ramp screen on their dime of course but I informed him on how I would rather have it done locally. He agreed and discussed reimbursing me for installation once the screen arrives at his dealership. They'll ship it to me directly. I'm hoping to hear from him soon to get an update once the screen arrives. So keeping my fingers crossed and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #8
navajochief

Update: 5/12/17
Mike Thompson RV never came through as I figure it would go; however, I ended up taking my Fuzion to RV World located in Yuma, AZ, and they followed through with my warranty repairs and advocated for me to get the rear ramp screen delivered and installed, paid by Keystone RV, since I had made such a case with customer service with written letters and phone calls complaining on how Mike Thompson RV was not following up on this matter. I had to file a Better Business Bureau complaint and that generated a phone call from Mike Thompson but by then it was already too late as RV World took up the fight and got the rear ramp screen for me. And I didn't even buy my Fuzion from their dealership. They are real good at advocating for the customer. They even had Keystone RV replace the original inverter/charger as the original showed signs of malfunctioning. All I can say is that I wish I had purchased from them. I am a true believer in buying "local" when you can. Anyway, I know this is late in posting but wanted to let those involved know. Some dealers do care about their customers after the sale.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #9
Steve S

Wow that's a long time to wait for a flipping screen! You never mentioned the details of what else was being repaired?
Did you leave it there the whole 7 months or did you take it home at some point?
I read alot of posts like this from America and I don't understand why the dealers which the trailers are bought from act like this? It seems that once you're off the lot they never want to see or hear from you again.
When my trailer was at my place I found 3 or 4 problems and I didn't have to tow it back all they said was "what day would work for us to come out?"
Two days later they sent out 2 techs and everything was fixed that day. I was so impressed that I fired up the BBQ and cooked us all up steak for lunch.

Tags
fuzion, repairs, warranty