Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
mikell

Double Click Maddness

I get 100's of double click add thingys so I can't back up Virus protection good. This is the only site I have problems
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

What are "100's of double click add thingys" ?????
You'll have to be a bit more specific than that ......describe "thingys"...Thanks
Old 09-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
I get 100's of double click add thingys so I can't back up Virus protection good. This is the only site I have problems
The only ads I see are the ones at the top of the page. What anti virus program do you use? I use AVG free.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Woodsrider

I get the same thing he is experiencing. Let me try to explain it better.
If I go to "new Posts" and begin browsing each topic then hit the back button, I can only do that a few times. After about five or six times of that, the back button ceases to function.
If I right click on the back button, all I see are a bazillion "double click adds" and I cant get past them. I have to click on new posts again.
I have not tried using this site with Mozilla or Google, so I don't know if it happens with different browsers than IE.

FWIW I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials as AV

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Knucklehead

Same here

I get this same double click ad thing after viewing a few post as i read all the good info on here each night this is a real problem to view post on the forum.
1999 F350 7.3 MTans DRW 4Door 4X4 4:10 gears
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

I'd bet your problems have more to do with your operating system, your browser and an ad infection. Windows, Internet Explorer and unprotected back doors. Not trying to be a jerk, but I have none of those problems. No ads-at all. No double-click thingy and no pop ups. My computers have been that way for over 14 years. Nary a problem one. No adware, spyware or malware. No firewall no anti-viru. Oh-no Windows either. Sorry. Just the facts.
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
gepaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
What do you mean by, "can't back up Virus protection good"? Did you leave out some punctuation?

I use Windows and IE. I can view a topic, hit the back button, and view another topic as many times as I want with no problem.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

I've sent a note to our Forum administrator requesting that he have a look at this thread and issues that some of you are having with your computer to see if it is a forum software problem or a home-based computer issue.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
Courtland
Site Team | Emeritus

Hello all, so I have tried to repeat this and I want to ensure that I am doing the steps correctly.

First you click the New Posts Button

Then you are selecting the post and browsing/reading the post
Then after you read the post you are clicking the Back Button on your browser trying to get back to the New Posts page. Is this correct?

I have tried to replicate the issue following these steps using 1.) IE 9 and McAfee AV, 2.) Google Chrome and McAfee AV and finally 3.) IE 8 using Symantec AV.

I was not able to reproduce the issue where the back button stop responding. I did see when I right click the back button on the browser it shows "KeystoneRV.org Double Click madness" but I have no idea what this is.

Can you please let me know what browsers and AV you are using. Can you also let me know when the problem occurs what happens if you click on the "New Posts" button. With the possible combinations of browsers and AV tools out there I can only guess as to what is occurring. If I can get it down to a single browser or AV tool that might help determine what is occurring.

Thanks,
Courtland
My buddies 08 Keystone Fuzion 362 when its just the guys.
https://www.keystonerv.org
https://www.desertriders.org/forums
Courtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
Knucklehead

Back button

win xp service pack 3 ie 8 ms securties av
when viewing forum i start at top and come down each section looking for the things of interest to me read them as i progress down all of a sudden while reading a thread i look down at the bottom of page and it is still loading what turns out to be the ad problem this started a few weeks ago thanks for looking into this
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
mikell

Right now I'm at work and it does it and we have great virus protection. So I don't know where it comes from. It does it on windows 8 and XP no matter the virus protection

Just did it again in the Tires Tires Tires thread wasn't in there a minute and couldn'y back out

It's

http://googleleads.g.doubleclick.net/page

one right after another

Moderator's Note: If there is a chance that this link could be malware as suggested by CWtheMan (see post below), you might not want to open it.......
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland View Post
Hello all, so I have tried to repeat this and I want to ensure that I am doing the steps correctly.

First you click the New Posts Button

Then you are selecting the post and browsing/reading the post
Then after you read the post you are clicking the Back Button on your browser trying to get back to the New Posts page. Is this correct?

I have tried to replicate the issue following these steps using 1.) IE 9 and McAfee AV, 2.) Google Chrome and McAfee AV and finally 3.) IE 8 using Symantec AV.

I was not able to reproduce the issue where the back button stop responding. I did see when I right click the back button on the browser it shows "KeystoneRV.org Double Click madness" but I have no idea what this is.

That is the most recently visited page. web site "KeystoneRV.org" and the thread name "Double Click Madness"
Other then that little bit, I've no idea.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
CWtheMan

The doubleclick program is malware. I encountered it on Facebook when it attached itself to my computer's program files.

I got free from it by uninstalling the program. Then I had to dump all of my cookie files and start them over again.

I no longer run my computers without running my malware protection in the background.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Courtland
Site Team | Emeritus

Ok, now that I have spent way too many hours researching this I believe I understand what is occurring. This is an issue between the way Google Ads and Microsoft IE behave, it appears the specific reason that this happens is Google has circumvented IE 9's P3P Policy regarding third party tracking cookies. There is an explanation from Microsoft:
http://www.iegallery.com/en-US/tpl/FAQ

I found a fix that worked for another forum that was having this issue and I would like you to try and see if this works for you only if you are having this exact issue. It is listed for IE9 but doesn't look like it works for older browsers. (really update your browser if you are not using at least IE9)

How to stop the problem:
1. Click "tools" in your IE 9 browser
a. If you do not see “Tools” in your file menu:
i. Right click your browser header and select/check “Menu Bar”
2. Click "tracking protection" from the menu
3. Half way down the page click on "Get a tracking protection list online" link
4. Scroll down the screen that pops up and Click the "Add" button for "Stop Google Tracking" from the list
5. Click the “Add List” Button on the screen that pops up
6. Close the browser Window that popped up
7. Close the manage Add-ons window
8. Click "tools" then "delete browsing history"
a. Select 1. "Temporary Internet files and website files", 2. "Cookies and website data" and 3. "History". (Doing this will most likely make you have to enter passwords again on websites) You can try 1 and 3 first to preserve website information to see if that works and click the "Delete" Button.
9. Close IE 9 browser and then reopen

The above fix has been reported to work for many IE9 users, since I cannot replicate the issue on my computer I cannot verify that this does work. From what I have read this issue has not been reported for users of IE10 that I can find, so another option you have is to upgrade your IE version to 10 as well.

Good luck and let me know if this helps with the issue.

Courtland
My buddies 08 Keystone Fuzion 362 when its just the guys.
https://www.keystonerv.org
https://www.desertriders.org/forums
Courtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Knucklehead

still have the same problem

i use xp pro and ie 8 this malware link is still bothering me any advice i use ms sesurities essenites also thanks all
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
dhn

You can't upgrade any higher than IE8 on XP. Have you tried another browser, like, Firefox or Chrome?
dhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
Woodsrider

I followed Courtlands advice above and haven't had a problem since.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote