Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
LHaven

Manscape irrigation

We have yet to be able to get away in our new 2019 Cougar, but in preparation, I have been trying out the systems one by one. Recently, I decided to try out the shower in the rig.

I discovered that the water pressure performance in the shower is not what I'd call adequate. It works acceptably as long as you hold the head above you and allow the water to descend. But when you hold the shower head low and direct it upward to wash the regions that tend to most need washing, the water won't rise even an inch off the surface of the shower head; it just runs off the backside.

Our old rig's manual explicitly specified that its systems were good to 50PSI, so way back when, we invested in an adjustable pressure valve for our hose and set it there. It worked fine in the old rig, and it's still set to 50PSI.

Keystone's manual is relatively weak when it comes to specifics. It just says "use a pressure regulator." No limit is specified. What is Keystone's recommendation in this regard?

Does anybody have any idea why I am seeing such poor performance from the supplied shower head? Is this common in Keystones?