Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #21
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
My 300 MP doesn't but I use an electric fireplace and set it at the forward wall. Got a neat fake flame and an electric heater with a two speed fan. Keeps it quit cozy and warm, plus provide a romantic setting with the "flames".
What year is your 300MP
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #22
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
What year is your 300MP
2011. I don't think I have ducted heat anyway. No floor vents in the garage. Does yours?
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #23
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
2011. I don't think I have ducted heat anyway. No floor vents in the garage. Does yours?
No. there are no floor vents in garage do not think any have them. What they did on the raptor and I assume all others that claim they have heat ducted into garage, there is a single duct on the front wall of the garage. a circular vent.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #24
ocho

Quote:
No. there are no floor vents in garage do not think any have them. What they did on the raptor and I assume all others that claim they have heat ducted into garage, there is a single duct on the front wall of the garage. a circular vent.
Hell, I aint even got that!! I do have the washer / dryer hook ups. Maybe they opted to not install the duct in lieu of the WD hook ups. You have a pic of yours? Id like to see where its located.

I actually prefer the fireplace anyway. I can heat just the garage and looks pretty cool!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #25
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Hell, I aint even got that!! I do have the washer / dryer hook ups. Maybe they opted to not install the duct in lieu of the WD hook ups. You have a pic of yours? Id like to see where its located.

I actually prefer the fireplace anyway. I can heat just the garage and looks pretty cool!!
Here is a picture next to the WD, That is it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0569.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	5487  

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #26
ocho

[QUOTE=PARAPTOR;119982]Here is a picture next to the WD, That is it[/QUOTE
Nope, aint got one. Must have added that later or was an option.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #27
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

[QUOTE=ocho;119993]
Quote:
Here is a picture next to the WD, That is it[/QUOTE
Nope, aint got one. Must have added that later or was an option.
Not losing much and not very romantic compared to your fireplace In colder weather I also suppliment it with an electric 5800Btu heater. From what I have heard the FP IS 5000BTU.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #28
ocho

[QUOTE=PARAPTOR;119994]
Quote:

Not losing much and not very romantic compared to your fireplace In colder weather I also suppliment it with an electric 5800Btu heater. From what I have heard the FP IS 5000BTU.
Yeah. Think Thats what mine is rated at. Stays toasty tho!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
saltytuna1

My 2013 310 Raptor has one heat vent in the front garage wall along with A/C vents in the ceiling. None of the garage vents blow very much air so I use a portable heater in the garage.

Steve
saltytuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #30
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltytuna1 View Post
My 2013 310 Raptor has one heat vent in the front garage wall along with A/C vents in the ceiling. None of the garage vents blow very much air so I use a portable heater in the garage.

Steve
Guess im not missing out by not having the vent.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #31
2014Fuzion300

In our case, the heat vent in the garage blow really good! Now the AC is a different story....that's the reason why I installed a second AC unit !!

Bouncey!
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #32
canesfan

You aren't missing anything if you don't have a vent in the garage. Ours is on the front wall and you can hold a match up to it and it won't blow it out. The match probably puts out more heat than the vent come to think of it. I use a ceramic heater to keep things warm both front and back as well as the fireplace as the furnace seriously lacks heating capability unless you go outside and use it for a hand warmer.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #33
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
You aren't missing anything if you don't have a vent in the garage. Ours is on the front wall and you can hold a match up to it and it won't blow it out. The match probably puts out more heat than the vent come to think of it. I use a ceramic heater to keep things warm both front and back as well as the fireplace as the furnace seriously lacks heating capability unless you go outside and use it for a hand warmer.
Welcome Back , Will have to remember your scientific description of heat transfer from the garage vent One of these days would like to see the condition of the circular vent hose feeding that. I guess when you get back to the steps mod you will be able to at least see the plenum end. This week hoping to de winterize

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #34
sbmarks3

My 2009 Fuzion 403 does not have garage heat. I use a electric space heater when needed. I have not used the garage for sleeping so it has not been an issue to this point.

2012 F-350 Super Duty King Ranch 6.7 diesel
B&W Roll Over Hitch
2009 Fuzion 403 Toy Hauler 5th wheel
1969 Harley Electraglide (Mine)
2005 Harley Lowrider (The Wife's)
sbmarks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #35
canesfan

Quote:
Welcome Back , Will have to remember your scientific description of heat transfer from the garage vent One of these days would like to see the condition of the circular vent hose feeding that. I guess when you get back to the steps mod you will be able to at least see the plenum end. This week hoping to de winterize
Thank youl!!

The flex vent for mine runs under the fridge, I've already seen it, nothing much to do to fix it from what I see. The floor vent before it in the kitchen blows the towels off the oven door handle though. Maybe get an adjustable register for that floor vent. But I only use the garage when I have company and most everyone who stays with me would rather be cold than hot so it works out. At least the bathroom is nice and toasty.

I got the steps done. They are now 8-1/2", 8-1/2" and 10". Not perfect, but much better than before. Will send you a PM with more.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #36
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Thank youl!!

The flex vent for mine runs under the fridge, I've already seen it, nothing much to do to fix it from what I see. The floor vent before it in the kitchen blows the towels off the oven door handle though. Maybe get an adjustable register for that floor vent. But I only use the garage when I have company and most everyone who stays with me would rather be cold than hot so it works out. At least the bathroom is nice and toasty.

I got the steps done. They are now 8-1/2", 8-1/2" and 10". Not perfect, but much better than before. Will send you a PM with more.
CONGRATS !!!! waiting for PM

Glad you brought that up YA kitchen vent blows tiles. Only problem, I THINK that circular Vent to garage goes back directly to plenum on Furnace versus tapping off that rectangular duct feeding the Kitchen vents Read many posts where these ducts were pinched, extra duct coiled in basement, partially off plenum, etc.

Definitely toasty in Bathroom like I said in a previous post "HEAT RISES so obviously KS designed it to pump more heat upstairs" Have been experimenting with covering these registers with cut pieces of magnetic backed material. Material over that bathroom gets lifted somewhat as furnace is on. Thought about changing registers to those that have dampers but due to the damper wheel sticking up and the location of our vents in the floor was concerned about these old bare feet stepping on them or if I ever find slippers bending the adjuster. Also possibly reducing the overall air flow though furnace and causing the high temp control to trip.

OOPS PM ringing

Happy Camping

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #37
canesfan

Quote:
Glad you brought that up YA kitchen vent blows tiles. Only problem, I THINK that circular Vent to garage goes back directly to plenum on Furnace versus tapping off that rectangular duct feeding the Kitchen vents Read many posts where these ducts were pinched, extra duct coiled in basement, partially off plenum, etc.
The garage duct on mine goes to the under floor duct, not directly to the furnace. My furnace only has one single flex duct feeding the entire under floor duct, nothing else. Everything under there looks fine, been there to check it all out. Not extra coils, no kinks, all connections good, etc. Just has to go over the subwoofer which is also under the steps.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #38
Adventurider

This weekend I was dry camping and at night it dropped into the low 20's.

I used the adjustable vents I posted earlier.

Fuzion 310:
Barely cracked the one in the master
Closed the one in the bathroom
Closed the one one between the kitchen cabinet and the Bathroom steps (Really close to the thermostat and it throws off the whole thing)
Barely cracked the one in the kitchen area, kept that area a bit more stable so the heater didn't kick on and off every few minutes.

the garage vent on the forward wall was blowing REALLY good now, my friend that slept in there stayed as warm as I did in the master.
Adventurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #39
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurider View Post

Fuzion 310:
Closed the one one between the kitchen cabinet and the Bathroom steps (Really close to the thermostat and it throws off the whole thing)
Barely cracked the one in the kitchen area, kept that area a bit more stable so the heater didn't kick on and off every few minutes.

the garage vent on the forward wall was blowing REALLY good now, my friend that slept in there stayed as warm as I did in the master.
I'm gonna have to try some adjustable vents. I think I have the same floorplan as yours if I remember. The vent inside the entry door at the bottom of the steps is too close to the thermostat IMO, and on top of that my thermostat is mounted way too high, it's at eye level at the top of the steps. Probably a 10* difference between upstairs and down with where the thermostat is mounted. Fortunately I like to be warm and hot air rises, so sleeping is good in the bedroom but the living/kitchen and garage are cold.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #40
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurider View Post

Fuzion 310:

Good to hear that installing these dampered registers and using them to regulate airflow did not adversely effect furnace operation. Concerns would be that. In closing off some vents would reduce air flow through furnace causing the high limit switch to shutdon the gas until within limits. The fact that you stated that furnace burner was not kicking on and off seems to tell me closing what you did was not a problem. Now that register are adjustable seems like if not careful could restrict too much air through furnace. I guess if safety over temp limit switches are working should be okay but would expect furnace burner to cycle a lot. NOT expert my 2 cents

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)