Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2018, 05:54 AM   #31
Msmith2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose308 View Post
Just emailed Keystone on 2013 Laredo fading.I know they spend a lot of money advertising to sell their products as I have bought 4 new ones.Let us see how this handle this one.I will keep posting progress.
Keep us informed as we have a 2013 Laredo also with an almost light grey cap, was originally the dark glossy brown.

Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #32
starman

Faded front cap

The same thing happened to our Keystone Cougar. It was out of warranty and we had to have it corrected by repainting it with automotive paint as suggested by Keystone and the dealer where we purchased it. We paid $800 to have it done and less than a year later, it is happening again. Pretty sad for $45,000.00 2014 fiver

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #33
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
The same thing happened to our Keystone Cougar. It was out of warranty and we had to have it corrected by repainting it with automotive paint as suggested by Keystone and the dealer where we purchased it. We paid $800 to have it done and less than a year later, it is happening again. Pretty sad for $45,000.00 2014 fiver

The only really good way to fix that is to have it done in a base coat/clear coat. A single stage paint just wont survive the sun as well. Ours was done prior to delivery in Aug 2014 using DuPont ChromaColor and their clear coat. A yearly waxing or two with a good automotive product keeps it looking like the day it was delivered
Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #34
Cosmo

We too have a fading issue on our cap of 2013 Cougar X-lite but we bought this from a private owner but my question would be is there a way to find out the numbers of the colors that would be needed to repaint the cap as we have someone that does auto painting..

Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote