Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
kinggartk

The right dealer is key

I'm convinced that finding the right dealer is the #1 key factor when purchasing your RV.

I've read horror stories about service after purchase of a new RV.

I want to rave about the experience we have had with our dealer. Now we just made our purchase about a month or so ago...so things could change, but right now I couldn't be happier.

When we picked out our RV...we asked the dealer to hold it for 2 weeks while we rounded up the money. They asked for a CC for a $250 deposit, but they never actually charged the card. That set the experience off on the a good note, and it only got better.

We went back to the dealer a couple of times during that 2 week period just to look at the camper again. During those visits, we found a couple of minor issues that we wanted to have fixed before we took delivery. I sent them an email about a week before we actually made the purchase about those issues. I never heard back regarding those, so I figured I would have to bring it up again later on.

Fast forward to the day before pick up, I called them to confirm our appointment and they told me they were fixing those issues as we spoke....I didn't even have to bring it up again. They brought it up for me.

Day of pickup...we spent about 3 hours on walk-thru and inspection. They were very patient and fixed a couple more minor issues we found right there on the spot. They even gave us 4 of their logo t-shirts even though we were willing to pay for them. They installed my hitch and vent covers while we were doing the walk thru.

Fast forward 2 more week...we have the RV in storage and we notice a small leak under the kitchen sink. Camper is winterized and we have yet to run any water in it, so we were puzzled where it was coming from. I called them on Monday and they schedule us to come in on the Following Saturday. I expected to have to leave the RV there and pick it up days later...but no...they didn't even unhook from my TV. They started working as soon as I arrived.

While working, they found the water pump was bad. They changed it out on the spot. I was in and out in about 90 minutes. Service manager said he wasn't sure if Keystone would pay for the water pump, but he would not charge us for it regardless of what Keystone would do.

One last 2nd hand story I heard about them. They had a customer that had them install a new roof on their 5th wheel. Customer leaves day after work was done for Texas (We're in NC). After arriving in Texas, they found a roof leak. Dealer attempted to find someone in Texas who could go and repair it for them, but found no one. Dealer flew one of their own technicians to Texas to perform the repair for them the very next day. All of this was done at no charge to the customer.

This dealer gets great reviews on Google, Yelp and other review sites.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention their name on here...but the dealer can make the whole difference in the overall experience.

2018 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 2510BH
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost Super Cab
kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Yes you can mention the dealer if you want. Having the right dealer is also important as an employee.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
sourdough

Thanks, that is a great post. Although I'm sure there are dealers that go above and beyond every day for their customers the bad ones always seem to get the press. You also illustrate WHY it is so important to get a good dealer that stands behind what THEY sell, not push it off on someone else. And yes, you can tell who they are; good dealers should be acknowledged so the rest of us know who they are.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
Tbos

Please tell us. Glad you found a great dealer.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
Gegrad

I live right near Raleigh, would love to hear who you found...
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
CaptnJohn

Interesting....

2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 6.7 4X4
Edgewater 205 EX Yamaha 150
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:39 AM   #7
kinggartk

The Dealer is Shaw RV in Youngsville NC. About 20 miles north of Raleigh.

They seem to sell Keystone products exclusively, Primarily: Bullet, Springdale and Sprinter.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
Gegrad

Ok, thanks! I have driven by them (incuding while towing the Premier) and seen several Keystone products but have never stopped in there.
Thanks!
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:05 AM   #9
kinggartk

I want to follow up and give additional props to my local Keystone dealer. Shaw RV of Youngsville NC is "Top Shelf" vintage.

We took our for our first trip this past weekend. Right off the bat we found a problem. Water pump would not not fully charge the lines. It would gurgle and spit but never create a flow of water. Fortunately, we were able to operate off city water...but I was still a bit frustrated.

After we broke camp on Monday, I called the dealer on the way home. They told me to bring it over (Right then) and they would take a look. So, we went straight over, and pull into their service lot. They came out immediately, opened the panel to the water pump and saw the problem promptly (Something was not connected...not sure what it was) and fixed it. Not only did they fix it....they dried up a little water from that area (That was there because I overfilled then Fresh Tank). All of this in less than 10 minutes.

No charges...No Fuss...No questions asked. Additional proof that finding the right dealer is key to the positive RV purchase experience.

If you live near Raleigh NC and are considering a new RV....visit Shaw RV before you finalize your decision. You won't regret it.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 AM   #10
Laredo Tugger

We recently traded in our TT for a fifth wheel. Of course the 5er that we wanted was at a different dealer than our TT.
We were very,very happy with service from the TT dealer. From PDI to warranty work they were great.
With this new purchase I feel like a traded athlete,taking allegiance from one team to another.
I am now in a different box (for service) and must learn to navigate through a new dealers service department. Their reviews are not outstanding,but a majority of complaints were answered and resolved.
A couple of things that have worked in the past is praise and presents. Meaning I always try to get to my rig around the shop area to shake the hands of those that have worked on it and thank the service manager. Let them know you appreciate their work. They usually have a tip about something they worked on or noticed. And a few certificates from a local sandwich shop ect. can go along way if you return. Not a real expensive investment. I realize employee turnover is high in the industry, but managers tend to stay around much longer.
Yes there are a lot of nuts,bolts,materials,specs and fittings ect... involved in the equation,but you can't forget that there are people involved as well.
Yes the right dealer is key. The right relationship with that dealer just as important.
Just my take
RMc

Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote