Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #21
Dboland9

We have a 2013 Bullet 24rks and the only “trailer level gauge” are the air bubble levels attached to the front and side at the front “port” corner (left if standing behind the camper) of the RV. The 4th indicator on our inside panel is the level of the battery charge. As ours is 6 years old, this may have no relevance to your newer equipment.
Dboland9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #22
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Bullet View Post
... The black tank vent stack goes up the cabinet behind the sink, so they just tied the drain into the black stack. Easier for them to plumb.
Let's give the engineers the benefit of the doubt - more water in the black tank, not that the bathroom sink gets a ton of use.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #23
WJQ

My 2018 Cougar 24SABWA spec sheet shows 60 gal fresh water, 38 gal wastewater, and 76 gal of gray water. I also bought mine to take advantage of late season pricing. Now to figure out how many gallons are in each of the two gray water tanks!

If anyone has answers, I would like to know.
WJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Usually there are three "identical" tanks placed in the chassis once it's turned over "on the wheels" at the start of the assembly line. The "clue" would be that, as you say, the black tank is 38 gallons and the gray is listed as 76 gallons. That would mean two 38 gallon tanks. If you start with known empty tanks, I'd suspect that if you start pouring 5 gallon pails of water into the kitchen sink, it will take 7 pails and about 3/5's of an 8th one. Don't expect the capacities to be "exactly as advertised". Tank capacity is established with the tanks "laying on a lab/construction floor" and once they are installed in an RV chassis, they are "restricted by steel supports" and usually won't bulge and swell as much as when "out in the open" on a lab table. Also, the 60 gallons of fresh water includes what is in the water heater, so if you've got a 6 gallon water heater, your FW tank is rated at 54 gallons, but may not hold much over 45-50 gallons based on how it is installed, where the overflow vent is located and how restricted the sides are (bulging capacity).....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:52 AM   #25
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
Let's give the engineers the benefit of the doubt - more water in the black tank, not that the bathroom sink gets a ton of use.
The other problem I encountered with my 26RBPR was my black tank is not a 30g tank like advertised, it actually only holds 25 gallons.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote