Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Gail2568

Slider work

Have a 2004 Sprinter 377 BHS.

I'm needing to do some work on the back edge of the front slider. My problem is that the two sliders are in parallel ( Hydraulic ) and it's pot luck which one activates first.

My question is, is there any way to 'lock out' the rear slider while I do this short of putting a vice grip on the sync cam?
Gail2568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There should be a manifold at or near the pump. Depending on the system, you should have solenoids that control the flow of fluid, just figure out which one controls “extend” for the slide you don’t want to come out and disconnect it. Some systems have thumbscrew valves that will shut off a slide.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:55 PM   #3
Gail2568

I wish that was the case. Simple in and out at the pump with T fittings at the front cylinder.

I crawled around under looking at the sync mech and didn't see any means of stopping either slide short of the vice grips. Looked at the slides them selves hoping for a spot to drop a pin into, but didn't see anything pop out at me.

I purchased this used a little while back and am finding all the little things the previous owner 'tried' to fix himself. Already had to pull one of the end brackets for the front slide and put it in the press to straighten out the top flange. Waiting on warmer weather to find out if he winterized it properly. Had a valve on the input side of the water heater for bypass, but nothing on the output to block back flow, just a simple T.

Have a WH/GN wire from the frame to the back bed slide out that was cut and just wound up around a bracket. will be interesting to see what it goes to since there doesn't seem to be any service manuals available for this thing.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

You won’t find any service manuals so save yourself that headache.

What type of synch mechanism does it have?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Gail2568

Yeah, I'm finding that out on the manuals. Bright spot is the old dealership I worked for is the local Keystone dealer, bad news I don't think anybody would remember me from twenty five years ago.

The Sync is a gear and shaft with mating tooth strip along the underside of the square tubes.

If somebody had planned ahead there would be a spot to drop a pin in the powered tube, but like I said, I didn't see anything. I also did not see any kind of travel stop on either powered tube, which might explain the bent bracket on the end of the front powered tube.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #6
shiggs68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail2568 View Post
Yeah, I'm finding that out on the manuals. Bright spot is the old dealership I worked for is the local Keystone dealer, bad news I don't think anybody would remember me from twenty five years ago.

The Sync is a gear and shaft with mating tooth strip along the underside of the square tubes.

If somebody had planned ahead there would be a spot to drop a pin in the powered tube, but like I said, I didn't see anything. I also did not see any kind of travel stop on either powered tube, which might explain the bent bracket on the end of the front powered tube.

If it’s a Lippert hydraulics System, there is a small manifold near the pump with thumb screw valves for each ram. Also all the Lippert manuals are online including the other systems that Lippert has brought out over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #7
Gail2568

No manifold on this, it's a Hydra Gear. Have one in and one out with T fittings at the front cylinder to feed the rear slider cylinder.

The rear bed slider is a straight out so it usually goes first. The front slider, the one I need to work on, is an out and down from the way it's moving. And consequentially the last one to move.

As it currently operates the rear slider has to make full travel before the pressure comes up enough to move the front. If I was a glutton for punishment I could add valves in place of the T at the front cylinder, but I'm really not liking this idea for the limited time it would be necessary.

Will probably wait until the weather warms up a bit and crawl under to look at the slider tubes again. It is 1/4" wall 2" square tube so I'm tempted to drill a 1/4" hole through the rear slider tubes to insert a pin.

Tags
slide