Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Cougar Fan

2016 Cougar 337FLS - LCI Remote Setup

Greetings! We recently purchased our 2016 Cougar 337FLS and unfortunately, someone had taken the remote to operate the slides, jacks, etc. The dealership sent us a replacement remote a couple of weeks after with the instructions to complete the set up. I have limped my way through the setup but in order to get the full functionality from the remote, I need to know what components are supposed to be operated for this particular camper. Can anyone out there with a 2016 Cougar 337FLS be able to share what options are on each screen of your remote? According to Lippert, the "brain" or Multi-Function panel should have been pre-set but without knowing each components order, its extremely difficult to determine all of the available components. Thank you in advance for your help!
Cougar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
Javi

If it's like mine it has a sync function that will do that for you...

This helped me more than any other manual when I had to program a new remote.. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ket_Manual.pdf
Old 05-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Hopefully, Javi's info will solve your problem. Worse case may be to look at the actual controller and hope wiring is marked to show which devices in your rig are connected to which function on the remote. Example function 1 terminals have wire labels say marked Slide, function 2 landing lights, etc.
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Cougar Fan

Thank you! This is helpful but still doesn't give me what components my remote will work. I've tried the configurations provided but it didn't indicate what can be controlled, I had to figure that one out and it's not listed in our manual. I did print your Manual - this will be helpful for the troubleshooting. I appreciate your input!!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #5
Cougar Fan

I tried that too - they weren't marked. That's why I was hoping someone with the same unit can share their configuration. If it works for me, I will mark my panel!! Thank you!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
Javi

My 333 is

# 1 light
# 2 Main slide
# 3 Kitchen slide
# 4 Bedroom slide
# 5 Awning

And mine controls the Ground Control 3

I'd bet yours is setup in a similar manner with the one extra slide..

I know I tried to change the order of the buttons and it wouldn't work until I got it right...

I started fresh like you only my original remote was smashed... don't ask..
Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Could try a standard highly technical military approach if you feel comfortable. "START pushing buttons and see what happens" may want to be outside on the first attempts.

Remotes are one of my must read threads along with Residential/Inverter combinations in RVs and YES they both top my list of Never Buy
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 AM   #8
Cougar Fan

Thank you! I've tried the "pushing buttons" approach - that's when I would push the kitchen slide and the bedroom would go out. I'm close, just curious what else it's supposed to do that I haven't figured out yet. Thanks everyone for their input.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Fan View Post
Thank you! I've tried the "pushing buttons" approach - that's when I would push the kitchen slide and the bedroom would go out. I'm close, just curious what else it's supposed to do that I haven't figured out yet. Thanks everyone for their input.
Sounds like you are getting there!! These mental exercises WILL keep you young and are Free with Keystone Purchases.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #10
Javi

This may help determine what is wired... and how many..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	217609-3.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	12478   Click image for larger version

Name:	217609-2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	12479  
Old 05-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
CaptnJohn

When my Cougar arrived I did not use the remote for months. I even had an 'extra' in with the paperwork. One day I took the one on the wall outside and hit the awning button, nothing happening ~~ found later it was activating the cap light. For fun I hit the kitchen slide button and the awning started going in. I noticed the landing gear was not on it. A week later and pulled the one from the paperwork. After charging the dead battery ~~ everything is on it and everything works! So,, I have an extra. Told my dealer and he said keep it for a spare.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
When my Cougar arrived I did not use the remote for months. I even had an 'extra' in with the paperwork. One day I took the one on the wall outside and hit the awning button, nothing happening ~~ found later it was activating the cap light. For fun I hit the kitchen slide button and the awning started going in. I noticed the landing gear was not on it. A week later and pulled the one from the paperwork. After charging the dead battery ~~ everything is on it and everything works! So,, I have an extra. Told my dealer and he said keep it for a spare.
$220.00 bonus right there...

I use my remote frequently when setting up. The DW is usually walking the dog or fussing for me to hurry and it saves me a lot of steps running up and down the stairs to put the slides out..

And depending on how lazy I'm feeling, I use it to tweak the pin height when hooking up without having to get out of the pickup...
Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #13
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
$220.00 bonus right there...

I use my remote frequently when setting up. The DW is usually walking the dog or fussing for me to hurry and it saves me a lot of steps running up and down the stairs to put the slides out..

And depending on how lazy I'm feeling, I use it to tweak the pin height when hooking up without having to get out of the pickup...
WoW!! $220! Certainly seems more over priced than most RV items. I rarely use the one set up for my 5er but may use it more at some point. The extra will probably never be updated to be compatible. Unless I put it on Ebay,,,

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, remote