Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
weaselz

On ours, I had to lift straight up. It was very tight.
weaselz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Our TV was very tight as well. I have to rock it right to left back and forth to get it out. You have to put quite a bit of pressure on it to make it pull forward.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #23
pmf

I contacted Keystone today and they said to pull out then lift up which I tried but not with much force. This concerns me because if that is the case I am pretty sure I bent something or pulled it out of the wall some because it did move a few inches. Weaselz how hard was it to put back on the bracket? Here's a picture of the bracket and I tried to post it unsuccessfully. Looks like it would be very hard to put back on.Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.png
Views:	330
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	13401

Thanks again,

Pat
2018 Keystone Sprinter 334FWFLS
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #24
Mikesamoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
I contacted Keystone today and they said to pull out then lift up which I tried but not with much force. This concerns me because if that is the case I am pretty sure I bent something or pulled it out of the wall some because it did move a few inches. Weaselz how hard was it to put back on the bracket? Here's a picture of the bracket and I tried to post it unsuccessfully. Looks like it would be very hard to put back on.Attachment 13401

Thanks again,

Pat
In our 334FWFLS when I removed the TV it came off fairly easy. Putting it back wasn't as easy but after a few tries it went back and I haven't had any issue over the last 4 trips that I have been on with it. You might want to have a second person ready to help if needed.
Mikesamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #25
pmf

Well we did get it off tonight and it was lift up and out but I had to jerk it a little. I was presently surprised that we got it back on the second try so it's done. It should not have been near this hard but it is what it is.

Thanks again for all of the advice,
Pat
Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #26
weaselz

That is the same bracket we have. I should mention it is easier with two people, one on each side lifting straight up and then out. Putting it back on is a little tough. But with two it really helps.
weaselz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:23 PM   #27
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad to hear you got it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #28
CCRK MAX

DO NOT pull straight out. IT IS picked straight UP. it is a close tolerance fit. the holes are tapered to the top side and that is what holds the TV in place. there are pins on the 2 metal bars you are seeing. I grab ours by the bottom and have the Wife steady it. once you get it out have fun getting it back in. remember patience is a virtue.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #29
pmf

Yeah we finally found that out and got it off. The funny thing is we got it right back on without a problem which really surprised me.
Thanks,
Old 08-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #30
GovGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
I did look behind it with a mirror. There's 2 silver bars about 8" apart but have no idea how to release them
I always use my smartphone camera for things like this. That way I can take as many pics and zoom in on things. Just a thought. [emoji4]

Sent from my pocket computer
Blogg@ - https://rv-therapy.com/blog/
GovGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
TomD1

Just wondering if any one has had this problem with the TV mounting. I removed the TV this morning with no problem, plugged in a HDMI cable and when I looked at the back of the TV to get a visual for remounting I noticed the top left lug that screws into the TV and fits into the mount was missing. I reinstalled the TV and called my service advisor at Camping World to see if they could send me one. They said yes it is under warranty but I would have to bring the RV to a camping world to verify the problem. So much for their spiel about being one happy family. I guess that is just until you sign on the dotted line.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD1 View Post
Just wondering if any one has had this problem with the TV mounting. I removed the TV this morning with no problem, plugged in a HDMI cable and when I looked at the back of the TV to get a visual for remounting I noticed the top left lug that screws into the TV and fits into the mount was missing. I reinstalled the TV and called my service advisor at Camping World to see if they could send me one. They said yes it is under warranty but I would have to bring the RV to a camping world to verify the problem. So much for their spiel about being one happy family. I guess that is just until you sign on the dotted line.

Tell them you are unable to bring it to them. Send them a picture instead to show the problem and have them order the part for you then send it to you. On at least a couple of occasions I have sent detailed information on the problem I had along with pictures and had those broken items approved for warranty replacement. They went to the dealer and I went to get them or they sent them to me. That is up to your dealer and their ability to interface with CW. They sent me all new, updated, rollers, hardware etc. for remounting my sliding door after it fell out on our maiden voyage and I did nothing but call the CW service manager and do the above. You should be able to do the same. Keep in mind; Keystone has no idea if it's warranty work or not - that is up to the dealer to determine and document to Keystone; so, this will give you an idea how good your dealer really is.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #33
TomD1

Thanks for the info I will definitely try that.

Tags
keystone, sprinter