Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
creyer

Springdale 5th wheel help

We are getting water in the back corner of the slide floor when it rains. Have had it checked at the dealership twice. They cannot find a leak. No indication of water on the ceiling or walls. Can anyone give me ideas of where to look or caulk? Thank you
creyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
Canonman

Slides have a rubber "wiper" on each side. Water running down the side of the camper either slide out or in could get inside if these wipers were old or cracked or not sealing for any reason. Maybe someone could use a hose and run some water around the slide while you look inside for any leaks. run the slide in and out to check if the leak happens when the slide is moving too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5527.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	21139  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #3
Tbos

Check the screws in the side of the slide. Sometimes there’s a gap in the sealant and water sneaks in around the screws. You could remove each one and put sealant in the holes and reattach the screws.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 AM   #4
creyer

Thank you both for your suggestions - I will be checking the slide again and checking the screws. The slide "wiper" seals are all out as they should be. It is really strange and there are no visible leaks or water marks on the ceiling or walls of the slide. The water seems to be coming in the back corner (the corner where the two slide walls meet on one side).
Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
mtofell

I had a similar leak and found the roof to wall seam on the slide-out was split and had to be resealed. It was easiest to see and repair with the slide fully opened.

Going over the roof areas of these things every year or two is pretty important. Especially, when they are new. We all know how fast the factory likes to get them out the door.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
creyer

Mtofell. Thank you. I purchased some caulk and went over all of the seams on the slide - hopefully this will solve the issue.

Tags
5th wheel, springdale