Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Astroinfidel

Can't raise TV 2009 Everest

Hello from the Mojave desert,

I am full timing in a 2009 Everest 5th wheel, and the remote will no long raise the TV. I removed the fireplace, but with the TV in the down position I can't get at any wires or the motor. Is there any way to manually raise the TV to get it out of the way so I can try to figure out what the problem is? Thanks!

Dean
Astroinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroinfidel View Post
Hello from the Mojave desert,

I am full timing in a 2009 Everest 5th wheel, and the remote will no long raise the TV. I removed the fireplace, but with the TV in the down position I can't get at any wires or the motor. Is there any way to manually raise the TV to get it out of the way so I can try to figure out what the problem is? Thanks!

Dean
Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote with known good batteries?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Astroinfidel

Hi Marshall,
Good point! And yes checking the remote batteries was the first thing I did. I had heard some talk of there sometimes being another switch if the remote doesn't work, but my Keystone manual has nothing at all about the TV raising system, so if it exists, I don't know where.

Dean
Old 11-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you can access the motor and/or the wiring harness, you should see a RED, a BLUE and a YELLOW wire. The red is +12VDC and the blue/yellow wires are the motor feed to drive the motor. There is a switch at the end of those wires, but if you can't find the switch, you should be able to access the remote control unit to which they are connected. If you can find the wires, possibly you can follow them to the switch.

If you can find the wires, but can't find the switch, if you can access the remote control unit, the blue is connected to SW DOWN, the yellow is connected to SW UP, the green is ground and the red is +12VDC. You can jumper between the red and the yellow wires and drive the motor to raise the TV platform. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T CATCH YOURSELF IN THE MECHANISM.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
Astroinfidel

Thank you John,

Unfortunately it is a 42 inch TV. The TV goes all the way from side to side in the space, and the only access is to reach under the TV, which is very low to the floor in the down position. I just can't reach anything, since I can't get my arm in very far from below. I did take a pic with my phone and think I can see the motor, but there is no way I can reach it without getting the TV out of the way first.

Dean