Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
KSH

Who are these people. . Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #22
rode2nowhere

probly my in town neighbor
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
wesaysoracing

they were just a bunch of Arkansas rednecks
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #24
floatflyer

Sometimes Karma gets it right. As a former cop I used to enjoy telling jerks to enjoy the nasty bologna sandwiches they were about to have while I got a real lunch.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Stop the tresspasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsPalmTrees View Post
Nothing is worse than "weekend warriors" we call them. We had someone actually cut through our site and walked under our awning. My dog was tied out and fate would have it that they tripped on the dog tie out. They never cut through our site again. Very few people are that rude camping but you run into some that make you shake your head.
Had this issue at one campground where the the idiots thought our site was a public byway. Tied the dogs at each end and made a cardboard sign that read "Beware - dog has diarrhea - watch your step" Placed it on a wooden stake with a pair of mud stained gloves draped over it. Funny how no one cut thru after that.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:38 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Had this issue at one campground where the the idiots thought our site was a public byway. Tied the dogs at each end and made a cardboard sign that read "Beware - dog has diarrhea - watch your step" Placed it on a wooden stake with a pair of mud stained gloves draped over it. Funny how no one cut thru after that.
Now that's definitely a "passive/aggressive" solution that avoids any confrontation LOL Great plan

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #27
crash

Hershey Squirts works everytime
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #28
gkainz

I don't cut thru other people's campsites, and really dislike it when others do. One of my pet peeves is a number of campgrounds that don't have access to lake front or other "areas of interest" that don't cut thru or too close to someone's site.

I've apologized to a few campers with "sorry, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to get to the lake from here". They were understanding. Granted, it didn't go "thru" their site, like under the awning or anything, but just closer than I would like, had it been me camping in that spot.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:17 AM   #29
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post

LMAO.... YOU MADE MY DAY !!! THX Going to find some gloves
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #30
LuvsPalmTrees

Flybouy that is hilarious. I'm sitting at my desk at work trying not to laugh out loud. Our new dog looks a little more intimidating than our last dog (RIP). People are not sure how to take her. She looks like a wolf but is a mutt.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #31
BirchyBoy

I kind of afraid that I might the person that some campers "meet". We have two dogs that like to bark. I do what I can to stop them, but that doesn't always happen. I'm sure there have been a few people happy to see us pull our camper out of their slice of heaven.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

l

Birchyboy - I'm afraid you might be right. Barking dogs are right up there on my list of "don't likes". Not many things are more annoying to any camper than to try to sit in a beautiful place trying to enjoy it but all you can hear is someone's dogs yapping incessantly.

I've got my pup and love her dearly. I taught her from the time I got her not to bark....and she doesn't. I allow her to get her hackles up, growl and then bark in her aggressive mode if warranted (pit bull mix).

If you can't control the barking I would put the dogs in the trailer if it were me....that's the courteous thing to do.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #33
LuvsPalmTrees

My dog does not bark either. She will put up her hackles but not always. She is a rescue dog and was running they figure for about 3 - 4 months. She is a very good stalker and killer of all small furry critters. When we camp in the state campground I have to make sure she does not kill off the chipmunk population.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote