Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
ronron4

2008 Montana Decal Replacement Vendor

Have read a number of posts on this Forum regarding cracked, peeling decals. But I have not seen any suggestions on where to obtain replacement decals. 10 years old makes it hard to find replacements or even suggest "warranty replacement". When they are open, however, I am going to contact Keystone Customer Service, but thought I'd post this question now, in the event any one out there knows of a resource. We have a 2008 Montana and love it, but it is looking the worse for wear. Want to replace just specific decals and not all. Thanks.
ronron4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You might give Trekwood a call. They are an RV Parts service with a large online presence. They don't list any decals for your trailer, but that only means that they aren't listed, not that they aren't available. If they can get them, they'll help. Keep in mind that you're going to probably choke on the price quotes you get. It might be advisable to also contact a local sign/printing company. Many of them can take photos of your existing decals and use computer programs to print duplicates. You may find a local source that's cheaper than ordering from an RV dealership.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
Bisjoe

I used to have a sign business, and since the manufacturers use standard vinyl for the graphics, and good sign business can match the correct color, take a picture of the old graphic, convert to vector, size and cut it for you. When I closed up about 2009 I was charging $100/hour for the time involved in duplicating and installation, if needed, and double my cost for the materials. You need to make sure the old one is still on when they measure and take the pictures, but then you will save money by removing it yourself. On newer models it can be done from pictures on the internet "for sale" sites, but 2008 may not still be available. The best premium vinyl is normally only expected to last 8-10 years.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
dcg9381

I'm in the "repaint it" camp. Depending on what you get for quotes, might be better to have that logo removed and have the cap resprayed... It'd certainly last longer than a OEM sticker.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

It all comes down to future plans I guess. To spend a lot of money on painting the cap and hand painting some design on it gets expensive. If the OEM decals lasted 10 years (the OP's Montana is a 2008 model) and "good vinyl lasts 10 years" That would make his Montana a 20 year old model when he needed to worry about decals again. There's not many 20 year old RV's left rolling down the highway, so justifying the costs of repainting and then painted accents could be overkill on an already 10 year old trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana