Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #21
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiggle View Post
We’re in Ellsworth Maine now and I wanted to give a few travel tips to those going to Canada. On the way up we encountered a lot of construction on route 1 near Canada. The road was milled down to dirt and our trailer is covered in mud. On the way back We took Route 9 and the road was much better.
Also wanted to mention the border crossing . Very easy going into Canada . Coming back to the us, the agents were extremely thorough; went into the camper and into the refrigerator where they confiscated lemons and limes. You’re not supposed to take citrus across the border. It took some time and it was stressful but the agents were professional. We were surprised because we had much easier reentry into the us after a trip to Niagara and Toronto last year.
I so enjoyed the discussion about Newfoundland. We simply didn’t have the time.
I’ll post soon about our campgrounds I’m Jalfax and St. Breton.
I appreciated the info I garnered pretrip from this forum.

That's a good point about Border crossing.
In my experience with driving across the border (we've done it many times, as we live close to the Canada/U.S border in Canada) whether you are towing/driving an RV or not, you can pretty much guarantee that at some point you WILL get hauled in and "gone through".
Makes no difference how prepared you are (or how ignorant), if your number is up, it's up.
Be sure to look up what is or isn't allowed across the border in either direction before you go, and follow the list to the letter. It changes frequently also, so be sure to check frequently as well.
With Canada's new Cannabis laws, it is expected that things will get even "dicier" for both Nationalities crossing the border.
We love our Neighbors to the South and their beautiful Country.
Hopefully, Bureaucrats on either side of the border won't #@&* up the great relationship we have.

We have been to P.E.I. recently, although not with the 5th wheel, and also visited the Bay of Fundy. 40ft tidal swings are pretty impressive, to say the least. We hope to get back there soon in retirement to spend a summer seeing many more sites. We would also love to "do" Newfoundland. Time will tell.

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:33 AM   #22
notanlines

Harley, I couldn't have said it better. We have always been treated very professionally on both sides. And I also hope the bureaucrats don't dork things up. We love Canada.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote