Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Mac123

Keystone Cougar 21RBS Owners

I'm looking for opinions from the owners of the Cougar 21RBS TT. How long have you had it? Are you happy with it? Any problems? etc., etc., etc.
Mac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Rick1300

Got ours in July. We love it! Only minor problems have been a propane pig tail gone bad and I have a ripple in the floor vinyl that I will have the dealer address.
Other than that it is an awesome TT!!

2005 Ford F-250 Lariat crew cab 6.0 Powerstroke
2013 cougar 21rbswe
Rick1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
RockyMtnHi2

Hello Vermonter,
Welcome to the forum.
We just recently purchased the Cougar 24RLS TT and are very happy with it.
The Cougar 21RBS seems to have a good bit more counter top space in the kitchen and if you cook, that will certainly be a great feature. We've had no problems so far. Fit and finishes are really nice and we enjoy the lighter weight compared to others. The double sink in the kitchen is super useful. We've found the cherry cabinetry to be beautiful and sturdy. Wish ours had windows on all sides of the dinette like yours does/will. Easy to tow too!
RockyMtnHi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
skagitstan

We got our 21RBSWE in late August, took it on a couple of short shakedown trips in Sept. No real problems.

I will say that the more hidden finish work is pretty slipshod, but I'm dealing with stuff as I discover it.
For example:
A couple of drawer slides were misaligned and not properly tied down. Was easy to fix, but clearly sloppy assembly.

I found while replacing all the overheads with LEDs, a few nicer fixtures, and adding a dual reading lamp above the bed...absolutely NONE of the original fixtures were actually centered, except more-or-less by eye. Discovered this while replacing the slide's stock hideous (in our opinion) light shade, and while measuring for the new dual reading lamp. Fortunately, I was able to get stuff reasonably re-centered without holes showing.

Main door latch was poorly aligned, making opening and closing harder than it should have been. Again, a simple fix.

The counter fold down extension is mounted crookedly. I haven't got to this one yet, but it also should be just a few minutes to fix.

Fresh water inlet tube tries to come out with the cap when you remove the cap.

Screws holding the lid to the water pump compartment were not tightened. Same goes for the main switch control panel.

There's a pretty good chance that the slide's extended position limit switch is not aligned right. The slide sounds like a slipping ratchet when it reaches that end of the travel. I need to investigate this further, but I think (according to the slide documentation) it should trip a limit switch.

In any case, these are minor issues that anyone who recognizes a screwdriver can fix on their own. It's a shame the factory Q.C. is not very good.

Other than these minor issues, we love it!
skagitstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Rick1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagitstan View Post
We got our 21RBSWE in late August, took it on a couple of short shakedown trips in Sept. No real problems.

I will say that the more hidden finish work is pretty slipshod, but I'm dealing with stuff as I discover it.
For example:
A couple of drawer slides were misaligned and not properly tied down. Was easy to fix, but clearly sloppy assembly.

I found while replacing all the overheads with LEDs, a few nicer fixtures, and adding a dual reading lamp above the bed...absolutely NONE of the original fixtures were actually centered, except more-or-less by eye. Discovered this while replacing the slide's stock hideous (in our opinion) light shade, and while measuring for the new dual reading lamp. Fortunately, I was able to get stuff reasonably re-centered without holes showing.

Main door latch was poorly aligned, making opening and closing harder than it should have been. Again, a simple fix.

The counter fold down extension is mounted crookedly. I haven't got to this one yet, but it also should be just a few minutes to fix.

Fresh water inlet tube tries to come out with the cap when you remove the cap.

Screws holding the lid to the water pump compartment were not tightened. Same goes for the main switch control panel.

There's a pretty good chance that the slide's extended position limit switch is not aligned right. The slide sounds like a slipping ratchet when it reaches that end of the travel. I need to investigate this further, but I think (according to the slide documentation) it should trip a limit switch.

In any case, these are minor issues that anyone who recognizes a screwdriver can fix on their own. It's a shame the factory Q.C. is not very good.

Other than these minor issues, we love it!
Just dropped mine at CW today for warranty work on the vinyl floor and we noticed that the front cap had some delamination. Should get it back in a week or so. But you are right, lots of little quality issues that I have repaired my self. For instance check the silicone in the shower pan. I had to re-do all of it. I also got online and ordered a elbow for the water pump to winterize my self. CW wants 108$ to winterize. No way Jose.

2005 Ford F-250 Lariat crew cab 6.0 Powerstroke
2013 cougar 21rbswe
Rick1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Mac123

Thumbs up Keystone Cougar 21RBS Owners

Thanks everyone for your opinions. It's our first TT and now we feel confident that we made a good choice. We are so looking forward to next season. Yeah, we live in vermont and had to put it away 'till April or May. We used it 5 times this year. 2-1 week stints and 3-3 day weekends. We loved it. No problems but a lot of fun.
Mac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
DogsRule

We love ours. Picked it up the end of August and have putt 24 nights on it so far. Winterized now :-( I only have three things on my warranty list. Not bad considering what I have heard about other TT's. I have a big list of things I would like to upgrade but none of those are necessary, just want to do's.
Have fun!
DogsRule is offline   Reply With Quote