Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
russellkids6
Permanent User Ban

Talking Passport owners...favor

Can anyone pretty please tell me how many inches from the queen bed to the side wall there is? I am hoping to find a thin bassinet to go next to the main bed. Thank you so much in advance!
russellkids6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
f6bits

There’s not enough space, as it’s at *most*, 18 inches. More like 14. When our infant was below three months and not rolling, we set the mini-sleeper on the couch. Now that he’s three-plus months, we wedge the bassinet in the dinette seat closest to the queen bed. DW takes out the corner backrest cushion so it fits. Or if it’s on a stand, put it just outside the bedroom under the TV set. If you *have* to be right next to kiddo, get one of those mini-sleepers and put it between you and hubby pretend to be comfortable.

Doing some calculations, the trailer is 96” wide. The bed is 60” wide. Let’s say the walls are about 2” thick. That leaves a total of 32 inches, so about 16” per side. By the way, we sleep with our feet at the headboard, mostly for the baby care. DW’s head was pretty close to baby when he was on the couch.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
russellkids6
Permanent User Ban

Thank you, that helps quite a bit. I saw on another site that someone actually moved the queen bed, head board to a side wall and had room for a crib and floor space. But somehow I have a feeling that is much more involved than I can handle.
russellkids6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
GidKel

I have to agree with what sdayman has said. There's just not enough room between the bed and the wall. We went through the same issue when our youngest was little. Our solution was to set up the pack and play next to the sofa. Yes, it was in the way at times during the day, but we worked around it. Another nighttime option would be to keep the little one with you and tell DH to sleep on the sofa
GidKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
f6bits

I just loaded our pack and play into the trailer today. Stuffed it under one of the dinette seats. We’ll be using it on our next trip. Better than stuffing (and toting) the big honkin’ bassinet into the dinette area, which I did *once*.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote