Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
windy2day

George and Kim (Michigan) - 2008 Keystone Everest 348R Fifth Wheel

We are George and Kim from Caro Michigan.

We just bought a pre-owned 2008 Keystone Everest 348R Fifth Wheel last night. We are so impressed with the quality of this coach. This will be our second fifth wheel after several bumper-pull campers. Now that the kids are grown and no longer camp with us on a regular basis (maybe just an occasional weekend), it is nice to have a camper that has plenty of room and much of a home-like feeling.

The past 2 years we have had a seasonal site and will do so again this year for our third season. I will be pulling our Everest from where we purchased it to our site (about 50 miles) with a 2010 Ford F150. I have installed air bags to help with the load and will travel very catiously. I have done the same with my other fifth wheel and have never had any problems (now all the half-ton critics can yell at me. lol).

We have so much work ahead of us and only a few weeks to get things done. Our old fifth wheel needs to be emptied, cleaned, and sold.

That reminds me.... If anyone is interested in a 2004 Jayco Designer 29rlts, that has been very well cared for and is perfect condition, drop me a line. Now that I have purchased my Everest I need to sell my Jayco.
windy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy2day View Post
We are George and Kim from Caro Michigan.

We just bought a pre-owned 2008 Keystone Everest 348R Fifth Wheel last night. We are so impressed with the quality of this coach. This will be our second fifth wheel after several bumper-pull campers. Now that the kids are grown and no longer camp with us on a regular basis (maybe just an occasional weekend), it is nice to have a camper that has plenty of room and much of a home-like feeling.

The past 2 years we have had a seasonal site and will do so again this year for our third season. I will be pulling our Everest from where we purchased it to our site (about 50 miles) with a 2010 Ford F150. I have installed air bags to help with the load and will travel very catiously. I have done the same with my other fifth wheel and have never had any problems (now all the half-ton critics can yell at me. lol).

We have so much work ahead of us and only a few weeks to get things done. Our old fifth wheel needs to be emptied, cleaned, and sold.

That reminds me.... If anyone is interested in a 2004 Jayco Designer 29rlts, that has been very well cared for and is perfect condition, drop me a line. Now that I have purchased my Everest I need to sell my Jayco.
from Western PA

and Congrats on your new trailer

I see you have read the various comments/opinions regarding TV's

Be Careful and ENJOY
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Bluewater

Sure glad I won't be traveling on any Michigan hiways.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
GaryWT

Welcome to the forum and congrats. Enjoy and yes, be careful.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Jim & DJ

Welcome

Welcome and have fun with your new to you purchase.

DW went to town last year and traded our 30 TT for a
used, what seems like a 50 foot 5er. Well it seems like it.

Enjoy.....Jim

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite (gone)
2007 Mountaineer TT (gone)
2009 Montana F3465 SA(Best ever)
2007 F-350 6.0 D 4X4
2012 Shih Tzu (The boss)

Jim & DJ
Utah
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote