Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Crothman

TV mount for RV

Hello, since I'm new to the forum, I purchased a new 2018 31 ft Keystone Outback and was wondering what type of TV mount would I use for the bedroom. I was told by my dealer I can get away with a 32 inch LED TV, I would need to get a TV mount for the RV. If anyone has a suggestion on mounts, that would be great.
Crothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Something like either of these. Do a Google search for rv tv mount.Click image for larger version

Name:	416UxBgVT8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	19562Click image for larger version

Name:	41BjD2orIYL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	19563

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

You may also want to do a forum search for related past posts, this is a common question. You will also find comments/directions as to where and how to attach the various mounts to the Rig. There was a recent post on where can I mount a TV in the ...........
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #4
xrated

I just bought a new TV for the RV and the existing mount would not work (not enough room for where the cables hook up), so I found this one on Amazon and finished installing it today. It is very sturdy (advertised to support 77 lbs) and it swivels, tilts, and locks in place when you push it in and close it. The base of it is fairly large also, which helps distribute the "load" over a larger surface area.......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Crothman

Thank you xrated and ctbruce. Going to check these out. My little project for the winter.
Crothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
Windwill

If your bedroom has pocket doors like mine, then you'll want a fixed mount that's low profile. I have a 32" LED and used this mount from Menards in my 2920BH. Fits nicely behind the pocket doors and it's secure during travel. If you don't have to worry about it fitting behind pocket doors, then your options aren't as limited.
https://www.menards.com/main/electri...1879421&ipos=1
Windwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I just bought a new TV for the RV and the existing mount would not work (not enough room for where the cables hook up), so I found this one on Amazon and finished installing it today. It is very sturdy (advertised to support 77 lbs) and it swivels, tilts, and locks in place when you push it in and close it. The base of it is fairly large also, which helps distribute the "load" over a larger surface area.......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks like a very flexible mount and similar to that which came with the RAPTOR. Have never had an issue adjusting the mount for various viewing angles on any of the three TVs.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

The main issue with a TV mount we encountered is the typical couch sits at 90 degrees from a TV mount inset into a cabinet. Here is what I did about that issue:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=34984
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
Msdt-99517

I have a 40 inch vizier on the wall, used a flat mount bracket from walmart. Mounted it close to the ceiling. Bigger is always better.
Msdt-99517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:39 AM   #10
papachaz

do you guys leave the tv hanging while traveling or take it down? I have a place marked for a TV mount support "behind this spot" or something like that, but I wonder about leaving the TV hanging there while traveling. The big TV in the living area is permanently mounted and has bungee cords to wrap to keep it in place while traveling
I just worry about a wall mount not being sturdy enough
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

A big part of the decision needs to be what type of mount you're using, where it's located in the trailer and how heavy the TV is that's on the mount.

As examples, the front of most trailers is the "smoothest riding section". Mounting a 15" or 19" TV to a properly sized mount installed "strongly" on the backer plate in the wall will probably be OK if secured so it doesn't extend and lever should it bounce.

On the other hand, a "barely large enough" mount suggested for a 32" TV, installed with two short screws in the studs and two "moly bolts" in the foam core of the wall, mounted on the rear wall (the roughest riding part of the trailer) with a 39" TV installed would probably not fare well on rough roads. It may not even fare well with a 26 or 32 inch TV.

Given the two above "extremes" consider that either may do well for thousands of miles on SMOOTH roads, but fail the first trip on I-20 from Shreveport to Jackson.

I suppose I'd "trust" the smaller TV on either end of the trailer, maybe "trust" the larger TV in front, but probably wouldn't even consider traveling with the big TV on the rear wall. So, it's size, location, weight, comparative mount size to TV size and trailer substructure security (something you can't really verify) that need to be considered before "trusting the mounting" to be OK for "my kind of travel conditions".....

My suggestion would be: If there's any doubt about the structural integrity, I'd take the TV down for every trip. There's few things more disappointing than getting to the first stop on a 3 week vacation and having to clean up broken glass and try to figure out how to repair those big holes in the bedroom wall.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv mount