Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2024, 05:47 PM   #1
srgsem

Question 2013 Montana 300rk model

I have a 2013 Montana 3001RK model.....all of the sudden, my water pump is not working....exactly WHERE is it located??? I bought the unit pre-owned from a dealer and there was no manual....my hubby is quite mechanically inclined and he would like to check it before having to deal with service....but we don't know where it is.....one minute it ws working fine; next minute after filling tank with fresh water, it was not....Help please...It is making no sound at all when turned on...
srgsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:00 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgsem View Post
I have a 2013 Montana 3001RK model.....all of the sudden, my water pump is not working....exactly WHERE is it located??? I bought the unit pre-owned from a dealer and there was no manual....my hubby is quite mechanically inclined and he would like to check it before having to deal with service....but we don't know where it is.....one minute it ws working fine; next minute after filling tank with fresh water, it was not....Help please...It is making no sound at all when turned on...
If the water pump was "working fine" and then suddenly stopped completely, I'd first locate the 12 volt fuse panel in the power distribution center, check the fuses (don't just go by the red LED beside the fuse, but check the fuse), then pull the water pump switch from the panel and verify that the wires are connected and that one wire didn't fall off a connector.

Water pumps don't usually "just stop working" but will start slowing down, surging or making funny noises. If it suddenly stopped completely after working as expected, I'd suspect the fuse and/or wiring.

ADDED: You can download the Keystone Owner's Manual for your year here: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners-manuals But don't expect it to be much more than a vague, generalized document that doesn't explicitly cover much of anything. It is a manual to cover every Keystone RV manufactured in that model year, so no "model specific information" on any one trailer.

That said, your water pump is likely very close to the fresh water tank fill port. If you can access the back side of that connector, the pump is likely in the same cupboard or in the same cutout compartment.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:13 PM   #3
srgsem

Thumbs up water pump issue

John....Thanks so much for your comments.....tomorrow morning we will check out your recommendations...thanks again
srgsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:23 PM   #4
Carl n Susan

Your water pump is directly behind the convenience center.Remove the white plastic wall piece on the left side of the center to access it.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, montana