Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2023, 05:06 AM   #1
gleneber63

Montana High Country 381th 2018

Does anyone know where the water filter would be on the 381th with the residential fridge? It is not on the outside with the other water controls, etc, and it is not under the sink. I am hoping at this point that it does not have one, as it would be a pain to get to if it does. Needing to winterize this week, and I know if it has one it would need to be drained. Thank!!!
gleneber63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:52 AM   #2
Mikendebbie

My 2018 Legacy unit did not come with a fridge filter for the Samsung RF18…at least I have not found one in five years. I use air to winterize - not the pink stuff. Generally our winters in TX don’t have many freezing days - except for the Feb 2021 Snow-pocalypse (5 days in the teens + no power or water) and Jan 2022 Ice-pocalypse (6 days in the zeros + no power).

Edit: you might try posting this question to the sister forum to this forum - Montana Owners Forum and see if some High Country owners can confirm my answer.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 06:27 AM   #3
gleneber63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
My 2018 Legacy unit did not come with a fridge filter for the Samsung RF18…at least I have not found one in five years. I use air to winterize - not the pink stuff. Generally our winters in TX don’t have many freezing days - except for the Feb 2021 Snow-pocalypse (5 days in the teens + no power or water) and Jan 2022 Ice-pocalypse (6 days in the zeros + no power).

Edit: you might try posting this question to the sister forum to this forum - Montana Owners Forum and see if some High Country owners can confirm my answer.

So there is no water filter prior to the pump?
Old 10-16-2023, 07:49 AM   #4
notanlines

I have no knowledge of the filter on the fridge, but your RV has no water filter in the system.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:15 AM   #5
gleneber63

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I have no knowledge of the filter on the fridge, but your RV has no water filter in the system.

Thank you, glad to hear that as it would be a nightmare trying to get behind one of those panels.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:19 AM   #6
Mikendebbie

My Samsung RF18 documentation (diagram maybe) shows a filter on the ice maker water supply but I have never found one in an easy to spot location - I simply assumed I did not have one. My Samsung fridge at the S&B has a drinking water outlet + ice maker and the filter is internal/inside the fridge. It has a red LED indicator that lets me know to change the filter. My RF18 only has ice maker - again - I always assumed no filter.

I seem to recall that some of the newer Montanas (2021, 2022, 2023 maybe) might have the filter - but I cant remember what I had for lunch yesterday - so don’t hold me to it.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana