Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2018, 05:04 PM   #11
bandlgeorge

Update. Put the new Dinosaur board in tonight. Now the blower works great, but no the burner doesn’t light. Gas is on and purged at the closest appliance. Sail switch appears fine and passes continuity test and does not have any debris or appear like it has been or could be getting stuck. Guessing the gas valve or Ignitor is out. Any tips on how to test each component or other components that could be bad?

bandlgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

If you can see the schematic, it will show the color of the wire to the gas valve. I use a test light that can pierce the insulation and then just start the furnace. As for the igniter, if you hear it clicking itís probably working.

Another possibility is the burner is covered with a mud dawber nest.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #13
bandlgeorge

——-FIXED——-
Thanks or all the help guys. Troubleshoot more today. Long story short, I don’t think it was the board, but the board did help with diagnostics (for me at least). After my issues of no ignition after installing the board, i contacted Dinosaur to understand their product. After learning what the LED indicators on the board meant, I was able to determine I had either a sail switch problem or gas valve, as mentioned in an earlier reply. I had already checked the sail switch once, but started there as the blower (first step) was working. Sail switch had continuity, with my pin point contacts on my multimeter. Removed sail switch to eliminate and made a jumper to complete the circuit and the furnace ran 100%. Took the sail switch under better light and noticed buildup on the hot side spade, although contact still seemed sufficient. Sanded the spade contacts cleaned, reinstalled, and I’m back in business. Not crazy to have a board that I didn’t actually need, but it is a better board and it did help with diagnostics.
Thanks again!!
bandlgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #14
BigTexRex

Great troubleshooting...glad you got it fixed.

BigTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace