Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbill View Post
I just got an answer back from from fastway hitch.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for contacting us, there is no issue using the Round bar hitch with a 30ft trailer, usually a trailer this long though will have a pretty heavy tongue weight. that hitch is a bit lighter weight hitch, this is why usually a different hitch might be used with a 30 ft trailer. however if your trailer is with in the hitch weight limits then that is totally fine.

Thanks!

So It seems I am not going to have any fighting power to get the 4pt hitch with out paying for it out of pocket.

Here is the response from the dealer.

Ryan
The e2 hitch we installed for you can handle your trailer no problem we
install 100's of them per year and by far the best bang for your buck. The
only thing above the e2 we installed on your trailer which would be the
equalizer e4 hitch with has 4 point sway control which does give a little
more sway control but it about double the cost as the e2
. We have had great
success with the e2 as they are actually made by the same company as the e4
and have a great customer response from the e2.

The above is why you received the E2 on your purchase and not the 4 point - cost. The same reason the dealer was "throwing in a wdh/sway" when I bought my last trailer and it was some round bar/chain, clamp on friction sway unit that cost about 1/2 of the Equalizer. I insisted on the Equalizer.

I suspect the "little more sway control" they reference is about double the sway control of the E2. With your combo I would have nothing but the 4 point Equalizer and sell the E2 if they won't assist in some way.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #22
dabbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The above is why you received the E2 on your purchase and not the 4 point - cost. The same reason the dealer was "throwing in a wdh/sway" when I bought my last trailer and it was some round bar/chain, clamp on friction sway unit that cost about 1/2 of the Equalizer. I insisted on the Equalizer.

I suspect the "little more sway control" they reference is about double the sway control of the E2. With your combo I would have nothing but the 4 point Equalizer and sell the E2 if they won't assist in some way.

I paid for the hitch. When I asked about any other hitches, was told there would be no benefit for the more expensive hitch. It was ~650$ added on to my trailer for the full e2 hitch. Its almost 300$ cheaper on Amazon.

dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #23
dabbill

Quote:
I paid for the hitch. When I asked about any other hitches, was told there would be no benefit for the more expensive hitch. It was ~650$ added on to my trailer for the full e2 hitch. Its almost 300$ cheaper on Amazon.

I would like to give a huge shout out to Blue Dog RV in Post Falls. They are going to credit me back the amount I paid for the e2 hitch and match the Amazon price for my new hitch. So in the next day or so. I will be upgrading to the e4 hitch.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #24
Fishsizzle

Quote:
I would like to give a huge shout out to Blue Dog RV in Post Falls. They are going to credit me back the amount I paid for the e2 hitch and match the Amazon price for my new hitch. So in the next day or so. I will be upgrading to the e4 hitch.
Wow that’s awesome! Let us know how it works for you. I’ve heard good things about Blue Dog. Seems they have an RV lot every 100 yds up there
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

That IS awesome! I am very glad that worked out. I'm not sure what they meant by there would be no benefit to going to the more expensive hitches (Equalizer 4 pt. or even say, a Hensley!). Each step up improves the towing experience/control. Get it dialed in and I think you'll see some significant improvement. Again, congrats and good on the dealership.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #26
Gegrad

Quote:
Awesome, that is commendable the dealer stepped up and is offering to help get you the proper hitch. Danny is right, the 4 pt hitch will double your sway control from the 2 pt hitch. It will be like night and day.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
dabbill

Dealer swapped for the E4 hitch for the e2 at no charge as I was going to do the install my self. Blue Dog RV has been awesome to work with. I would recommend them to anyone in the market for an RV.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
Retired Copper

Glad for you. Having pulled the same trailer with the same truck using the e2 and the E4 there is quite a big difference. Two point verses four points and that`s a no brainer.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #29
dabbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Copper View Post
Glad for you. Having pulled the same trailer with the same truck using the e2 and the E4 there is quite a big difference. Two point verses four points and that`s a no brainer.
Awesome. I was expecting to pay the difference between the hitches. Was very pleased with the transaction with Blue Dog RV.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #30
Nitehawk

This was a fun and interesting feed. And no insults .. I like that . I myself have a Hensley Arrow and after having a very serious accident with my last trailer i give credit to the hitch for preventing some serious if not a deadly outcome .I would tow with nothing else now
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #31
newemptynester

dabbill - congrats on the trailer and have a great summer. Welcome from Michigan
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #32
dabbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by newemptynester View Post
dabbill - congrats on the trailer and have a great summer. Welcome from Michigan
Thanks, first camping trip is next week. Only about 25 miles away. Then in July we are going on first long trip with the camper. Cant wait. Brain is already starting to check out at work.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #33
newemptynester

Welcome to Fridays and camping. My brain checks out when I know we are going. I love the close trips, you feel like you are miles away but you are right around the corner just in case. Enjoy.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #34
Huntme

Miles away is a better place to be,because it is someplace different.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #35
dabbill

Just got back from first real camping trip in the trailer. Have to say the Gray / Black tank filled up much quicker then expected. Only got about 2 days use out of them. We did have another family with us as well. (6 kids and 3 adults).

What are the average time frames for 30 gal grey/black fill time for people? (Normally it will be 3 kids, 2 adults)

The e4 hitch makes the SUV / Trailer feel much more like its 1 unit, instead of something tied on to the back of the SUV like the e2 hitch did.

Time to start getting ready for the long CA trip next week.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #36
Logan X

Quote:
Just got back from first real camping trip in the trailer. Have to say the Gray / Black tank filled up much quicker then expected. Only got about 2 days use out of them. We did have another family with us as well. (6 kids and 3 adults).

What are the average time frames for 30 gal grey/black fill time for people? (Normally it will be 3 kids, 2 adults)

The e4 hitch makes the SUV / Trailer feel much more like its 1 unit, instead of something tied on to the back of the SUV like the e2 hitch did.

Time to start getting ready for the long CA trip next week.
We have 4 kids and 2 adults. Three nights is about all we can do before the tanks are full.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #37
dabbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
We have 4 kids and 2 adults. Three nights is about all we can do before the tanks are full.
You have a whole lot more grey water holding then we do as well. Guess the ultra lites are not really meant for dry camping.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

6 kids and 3 adults is a lot for those tanks. If you're getting 3 days I think you're doing exceptionally well. Our tanks are either 30 or 38 gallon I don't remember but we dump every 4th morning and it's just DW and myself so I think you are doing very well.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #39
IMASAP

If my wife is showering in the trailer, I have to empty the grey about every 36 hrs. Black….. every 3 days. My wife's idea of being conservative, is letting the kitchen faucet run continuously, but slightly slower than it does when washing the dishes at home.
IMASAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #40
dabbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
If my wife is showering in the trailer, I have to empty the grey about every 36 hrs. Black….. every 3 days. My wife's idea of being conservative, is letting the kitchen faucet run continuously, but slightly slower than it does when washing the dishes at home.
That sounds like my daughter when doing dishes. We found most of the kids letting the water run while brushing their teeth. Just got to practice only using what is needed

Tags
travel trailer