Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #41
JOEFATIMA

230bhs bullet

I'm a little disappointed with my model. Really regret not getting 2650 (I believe the comfort) with sofa, but was concern with weight of trailer. I wasn't ready to move up to 3/4 ton truck and I'm still not. Only take my grandsons (12 years old) camping. All exterior metal, bumper, chain are rusting. Must be that cheap Chinese steel. The trailer rocks around when boys turn around in bed at night and wakes my wife. I check the jacks and doesn't seem to be the problem. Any questions be free to ask. If I would buy this unit now, NO.
2004 1/2 ton Sierra pickup
Previous trailer - 2619 Trailmanor
JOEFATIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #42
TrailBlazer

so what....leave the kids at home? I've got plenty of room for six in my 303tg! (in response to bob landrys post on page 4)
TrailBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #43
Festus2
Site Team

TrailBlazer -
I don't think Bob was suggesting that the kids be left at home. His posts, were, in my opinion, not meant to say that you should only have 2 people in your unit in order to enjoy RVing but rather a "tongue in cheek" way of saying more doesn't necessarily mean merrier.

When you become old like Bob, you'll probably better understand what he is saying......

Like many grandparents, it's really great to have the grandkids around but also a relief to see them go home with mom and dad.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Yup, Festus2,

Grandkids are great (for a few days) then it's time to "sugar em up" and "send em home" Sort of a "passive/aggressive" way of doing to our kids as they did to us when they were growing up Grandparenting is so much more "laid back" than parenting

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #45
Patrickj65

Bullet/Passport

When we were looking at a new TT for DW, 3 kids and I, we had narrowed it down to the Passport 2910BH and the Bullet 286QBH. Both have similar weights and lengths as the 281BHS. The 286QBS had a larger fresh water tank but we ended up purchasing the 2910BH as we liked the table configuration much better than the booth type setup. We are on our 4th year with ours and have NO regrets about the purchase. I have not found another floor plan and layout that we like better.
We pull ours with a 1/2 Ton (originally a Tahoe, now Suburban) and with the weight distribution hitch and sway control, have had no problem pulling it. We just got back from 8 days in the Black Hills and handled the hills and the SD wind with no issues.
The added space is wonderful and we have found that the kids like to bring friends along. The extra space is worth having.
Good luck in your purchase.

Patrick
Patrickj65 is offline   Reply With Quote