Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2023, 01:26 PM   #1
MontanaChef

Wiese Lithium switch out

Fully charged new battery and no power for my 5th wheel. Any suggestions? Just bought to replace my lead battery as everyone raves about lithium. All fuses are checking out okay. Could it be inverter?
MontanaChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 05:15 PM   #2
RacerX

Lots to dig into there. Have you checked power at the battery? What voltage are you seeing there? By no power do you mean all power or ? Eg do dc lights work? Inverter wouldn’t affect those , How did you verify a full charge in the battery?
Of course the standard questions apply as well…. Did you cross the wires and reverse polarity? Is battery master cutoff engaged? Post more info please.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:50 PM   #3
MontanaChef

Polarity is correct. Battery reads 13.2 on my hand meter. No bad fuses anywhere and no breakers tripped. When I disconnect from shore power I have 0 power to rig. Can’t even access my control panel. No lights, nothing. ????
Old 07-03-2023, 01:56 PM   #4
MontanaChef

And this is the battery that I purchased.

http://WEIZE 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithi...a.co/d/2SQRd29
Old 07-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #5
RacerX

It sounds like the 13.2 volts (normal voltage for that battery at rest) is not making it from the battery into your coach. Without knowing the specifics of your connection I would be checking the connections from that battery into your rv. Somewhere in the line is the power disconnect which could be a dial type switch or a red plastic key switch. I would reset that switch/key as a first stop and then start tracing the line backwards. Also to eliminate the chance that it is a problem with the battery I would hook up a 12 v appliance directly to the battery to make sure it supplies power directly from the battery terminals like a air compressor or portable inverter for instance. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:29 PM   #6
MontanaChef

Thank you. I didn’t know that would reset the battery. I turned it off and then on. Success!