Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Blanco

Multi Slide under 30 foot options?

Does Keystone make any Multi slide TT under 30 foot in total?

In a perfect world I want a rear living area with BIG windows to enjoy the view.
& lots of storage inside & out for many things Maybe a big enough fron outside storage that can hold the height of Honda 2000 Geni's?
& maybe a door that allows a private bed room?
& recliners with cup holders that actually face the TV & Electric fireplace.

I may be asking a lot?
but thats what I want...

What does Keystone offer?
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Blanco

Do Keystone reps post here or just owners & fans that own them?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
The only connection to the Keystone RV company is that most of us own or have owned one of their products...

Javi
Old 12-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
No one from Keystone, monitors, posts, or responds on this forum. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the pages.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
Blanco

But do they make anything that small with Multi Slides?
Old 12-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

You can visit the Keystone website and look at available floor plans.

http://www.keystonerv.com/mobile/home/

The dealership I work at doesn’t carry Keystone so I can’t personally help you.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
But do they make anything that small with Multi Slides?
The Bullet 220RBI has opposing slides in the living area, refrigerator and stove with a counter in between in one and the u-shaped dinette in the other. A peninsula with the sink is in-between. At almost 12' wide with the slides out it feels pretty spacious for such a small unit. There is an entertainment wall between the living area and the bedroom. A closet and corner bath are in the rear. I'm seriously considering pulling the dinette in mine and replacing it with a loveseat and folding table. Being single I usually eat at the counter on the end of the peninsula and keep the dinette down as an oversized sofa.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #8
Blanco

I did like this one we saw on a lot.

But prefer Recliners with built in cup holders facing the TV that a sofa bed.
I've never had a TV in my Truck Campers but But think if I had a tv with Hook ups & or Movies I'd like to recline & be comfy without worrying about knocking my drink over.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by compeakw View Post
The Bullet 220RBI has opposing slides in the living area, refrigerator and stove with a counter in between in one and the u-shaped dinette in the other. A peninsula with the sink is in-between. At almost 12' wide with the slides out it feels pretty spacious for such a small unit. There is an entertainment wall between the living area and the bedroom. A closet and corner bath are in the rear. I'm seriously considering pulling the dinette in mine and replacing it with a loveseat and folding table. Being single I usually eat at the counter on the end of the peninsula and keep the dinette down as an oversized sofa.
Here's the link from the Keystone web site: http://www.keystonerv.com/bullet/mod...i/model-mobile

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 12-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #10
Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by compeakw View Post
Not Bad.....
Old 12-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

In a perfect world I want a rear living area with BIG windows to enjoy the view.
& lots of storage inside & out for many things Maybe a big enough fron outside storage that can hold the height of Honda 2000 Geni's?

I may be asking a lot?
but thats what I want...

Your best bet is to determine the style/type of trailer you want and visit keystonerv.com. You can peruse all the trailer types, floorplans and specs.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
The video is a good walk through. That must have been an early 2016, there is a door on the bedroom instead of the curtain starting some time in 2016, though it does make the living area feel smaller. He referred to the flooring as laminate, but it's vinyl. Two years of full timing in it for 5 months each summer and no wear marks on the floor. You can use the toilet without folding yourself like a pretzel to get up and down, but the mirror over the vanity is right up against the wall and is a pain for shaving. I added a suction cup mirror on the shower side and that solved the problem. With the curved wall at the head of the bed it isn't really conducive for sitting up to watch television. I put a small electric fireplace in the alcove instead and just use the television in the living area. I also wish there was a larger skylight instead of the standard vent in the living area. On the road you can get to the bathroom with the slides in, but the galley and bedroom are inaccessible without at least the galley slide out, which is on the curb side at least. But overall it's a great singles/couples unit.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 12-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:

I may be asking a lot?
but thats what I want...

As stated, this site is not monitored by Keystone and they don't (haven't yet anyway) posted any response to any question/comment on this forum.

I don't know of any Keystone floorplan that meets all of your wishes. To my knowledge, those features are not found on any Keystone that is less than around 35' long. Most models are over 36'. That said, as suggested, go to the Keystone website and browse the available floorplans. If you do find one that looks interesting, use Google to find photos of that model. Typically there are several websites that have a similar unit for sale with multiple photos. Often you'll find the optional color/décor illustrated by comparing photos from different sites.

Part of the "fun" of online shopping is the ability to explore all the options without having to travel long distances to see what's available. Look at this as an adventure, not a hassle and it becomes a bit more tolerable.

You won't find a Keystone product with all your wants, possibly you can find one from the competition? My guess is that you'll have to compromise (give up something to get something else) so it would help to prioritize your "wants" with the "must have" at the top and do your shopping in such a way that you get "most of what's important".

I have never seen a trailer that incorporated all of what you list, but who knows, you may find it. I'm sure you can find one that has "much of the list" if you look long enough.

Good Luck and enjoy the hunt !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #14
Blanco

I'm not sure about most new members to this site.

But I spend a lot of time researching on line & in part why I'm posting questions here as well, I've been to several dealers & looked at many floor plans & found a few that are almost perfect.

But what I like is not always what the wife likes. LOL!

I'm just looking at as many brands & floor plans as possible before committing to a purchase.

We have been truck campers for years & now it's time for some bigger that we can leave set up in our camp ground.

Vs when we wanna go site seeing having to pack everything back up & trying to see the sites in my huge Lance 900 that takes up a lot of space.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #15
chuckster57
Site Team

Finding the trailer that satisfies both of you will probably never happen. As stated above, determine what “have to” haves are common and go from there. DW and I took 3 years to find current trailer and even it is a compromise.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #16
Blanco

Of course unless you have 100% custom, with no budget cap, there will always be a compromise!

That's obvious!

Back to my original question that's the topic of this thread.

Looking for option on who makes & where to find multi slide travel trailers under or about 30 foot long.

From there everything else come into play.

I posted in the " In a perfect world floor plan options " being someone was bound to ask, well what do you want in it.

So in a perfect world I listed some things.

I understand full well we do NOT live in a perfect world & why I worded it that way.

Just figure there are other TT's out there with multi slides beside the ones I showed.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:

I may be asking a lot?
but thats what I want...

I would "go out on a limb" here and say that you'll NEVER find a trailer with all these requirements and probably can't "cram that much stuff" into any custom built trailer that's under 30'.

As I said earlier, Keystone doesn't build a trailer with all of your wants. So, you're going to either find a trailer from Keystone that's "close to what you want" or find one from a competitor. Either way, you're going to have to compromise your "wants" because no trailer built has all of those features.

I'd ask, which is more important: The multi-slide? or the under 30' or the rear living area with BIG windows or the lots of storage or the outside storage that can hold the height of Honda 200 Geni's? (You will not find all of those features on any trailer) So which one is MUST HAVE, which is REALLY WANT and which is WE CAN DO WITHOUT??? Now include the door that allows a private bedroom (realize there is NO privacy in a 30' box that wiggles with every movement by someone inside regardless of the door construction), or the recliners with cup holders at actually face the TV or is it the Electric fireplace. Which are you and your DW willing to remove from the list? Which are not essential? After making those decisions, then ask: Is it the recliners that are important, or is it the recliners without the potential to turn over a drink? or ????

You need to prioritize your wants, then start looking at trailers with that list and locate those that can put the most "checks on the list". Then find a "competent" marriage counselor (one that can mediate the differences between you and your DW) and then go try to find that trailer on a sales lot and attempt to negotiate a price that fits into your "budget list" and that you feel is a "fair price to pay". The end result won't be satisfactory if you find the "ideal trailer online" and every dealer who sells it is $10,000 above your budget.

If any of the above seems harsh, it's not intended that way, rather, it's a "welcome to the real world of RV shopping"... Many of us are towing our third, or fourth or even our tenth or more trailer. We've thought we had it right, bought a rig and found out it won't work or we changed our priority and it is now outdated. Some of us have "changed trailers as often as we change underwear" or so it seems. Each of those changes comes with a price, sometimes a very expensive price, and we all realize that RV ownership is more than where the recliners sit or where the TV viewing is best.

Every one of us has gone through exactly what you're going through and every one of us will give you "somewhat different advice" on how we got from where you are to RV ownership. There isn't any "easy, foolproof and cheap" way to make the journey. Each RV owner gets there a bit differently. The objective, I think, is enjoying the journey as much as the destination. In other words, don't get frustrated, don't be "force guided" and don't expect it to just "fall into place". If you and your DW communicate and shop as a team, eventually you'll find the right trailer. If you do the shopping and she has "veto power" you'll probably give up long before finding the right rig. It's a team effort and not an easy journey, but one worth the effort if you want the best results. AND: Even then, realize that you'll probably buy several more RV's before you're too old to travel......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #18
Blanco

Seems every one paid more attention to the comments about in a perfect world!

PLEASE READ THE THREAD TITLE!

It's more about finding the smaller trailers with multi slide!

How many companies actually make them?

So in other words what are my options to choose from, in companies that make multi slide trailers in this size range!?!?!
Obviously Keystone does as I posted a video example of how they are available!

Let's pretend I never mentioned the floor plan, once I find some options on different MULTI SLIDE Travel Trailers, I'll then look at them all to see what floor plans they offer in each & go from there.

So I'll ask again!

MULTI SLIDE UNDER 30 foot options?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Cruiser RV makes short multi slide models under 30’. Fun finder and shadow cruiser are two popular models.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #20
Blanco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Cruiser RV makes short multi slide models under 30’. Fun finder and shadow cruiser are two popular models.
Thank you!
That's the perfect example of what I was hoping for now I look them up on YouTube & Google images & if I like what I see, I'll try to find dealers that carry them to see in person.

Thanks again.

I've never known of this company Cruier RV are they considered a quality builder?

Tags
slide