Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
BGhandyman

Power awning fuse keeps blowing

have a 2015 Hideout,with the solera power awning. All of a sudden this year intermittently when putting the awning out the fuse will blow. Sometimes many times in a row. Ill reset the power( turn breaker off then on again) and it will then work. The warranty people say the motor is simply drawing to much amperage. Well duh!! I do know why fuses blow. They have ordered a new motor. It's only a year old. Still brand new in my eyes.
BGhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:10 AM   #2
14george

to the fourm. My truck had a defective wiper motor a year and a half old
Old 09-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The fan on my computer power supply "smoked" about 2 weeks after I bought the computer. HP fixed it under warranty.

Occasionally, even "new, unused" manufactured items fail.

I question why resetting the 115VAC circuit breaker has any bearing on how the 12 volt motor in the awning functions? Sure, there's a "link" (through the converter) but if nothing else is malfunctioning, why would resetting the AC power have anything to do with the DC (battery) side of the wiring?

It almost sounds like you've got corrosion (or water) in the armature inside the motor and after several attempts, it dries up enough to function without shorting out. Hopefully, changing the motor will fix your problem. Is the dealer replacing it under warranty?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote