Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
svt

Adding Lippert 298707 Electric Stabilizer Jack

Hi there. Do any of you guys can explain if I will add Lippert 298707 Electric Stabilizer Jacks as a 3rd set just in front of my axle will it help for stability?
I have 2018 impact 332 I have one set on front and one set on the rear. Was thinking to add one more set
Also how hard it is to wire those? Can I just run wires from my rear jacks to power up the center jacks?
I would think 6 point will be better then 4
Opinions?
http://a.co/d/dXKh8w9
svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I did just that on ours years ago and for us it helped a lot. I tied into the wire going back to the rear stabilizer as I only operate one at a time.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
svt

So it's easy install right? Did you used self tapping screws or you welded
Old 10-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

I drilled the frame and used bolts, flat and lock washers.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
svt

So you deffenatly recommend go with 6 point then 4 right.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

It worked well for our 35 1/2' travel trailer but can't guarantee it will work for you. On a previous 29' light wt trailer I had used the BAL (like the JT strong arm) and they made the camper rock solid. I didn't use them this time as crawling under camper has become more difficult after 6 cervical spine surgeries. It just seemed to me like it was a long way from the front axle to the front stabilizer and installing it just in front has taken out the majority of the bounce. YMMV
Old 10-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt View Post
So it's easy install right? Did you used self tapping screws or you welded
Forgot to mention on the install. I positioned the stabilizer under the frame on the ground first. Then ran jumper wires to it and extended it until it was in place up against the frame. Secured with C clamps and drilled the holes and bolted it up. Then cut J channel for switch and wired it up. As I recall the whole deal was done in under 3 hrs.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Adding stabilizers around the axle area will make it more stable and take the stress off the Springs. It bounces because you're on the suspension. Taking it off the Springs will make it more stable.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:46 AM   #9
Wing-in-it

just an FYI folks....

Even with the 6 point system you’re going to have movement in the fiver. But only when the kids are in the garage. There’s nothing all the way in the rear to prevent it. We have two teens that are like bulls in a china shop and rock the rig. So to help A LOT with the movement and only when they come with us I put Jack stands (adjustable) all the way to the rear to help. And it does immensely! Check this link....

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:21 AM   #10
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

I use the adjustable jack stands under the frame as well for extra stabilization. They make a big difference because you can crank them down a lot more than the electric jacks. You'll never get rid of all the movement unless you take most of the weight off the tires and springs as mentioned. My electric jacks become loose after tightening the other jacks. Important Imo to tighten each jack stand a little at a time and leave the electric jacks loose. Using a six point system will probably not help that much with stabilizing because you'll be taking some weight off the other jacks.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #11
svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
I use the adjustable jack stands under the frame as well for extra stabilization. They make a big difference because you can crank them down a lot more than the electric jacks. You'll never get rid of all the movement unless you take most of the weight off the tires and springs as mentioned. My electric jacks become loose after tightening the other jacks. Important Imo to tighten each jack stand a little at a time and leave the electric jacks loose. Using a six point system will probably not help that much with stabilizing because you'll be taking some weight off the other jacks.
I think I see your point. If I will lower middle Jack's my front and rear will become loose correct?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #12
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

Yes, if you lower The middle jacks the weight will be taken off either the front or back jacks probably the back. I tried with my electric jacks down to just take some weight off them with the screw jacks...then I'd have eight feet down It was very difficult/impossible to apply the same pressure on all six jacks when doing it manually and not have some loose. The best thing for me is the screw type jacks. What I do onsite is get level and extend down the electric stabilizers then finish hook ups and slide outs. After that's done and the tires have cooled, I install those four other screw jacks and crank them down tight so the electric jacks are loose. I leave them it that position until we leave then unscrew them putting the weight back onto the electric jacks. Close up, unhook... then retract the jacks putting even pressure on the RV frame.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote