Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2019, 06:55 AM   #21
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I just checked on my DW's Kindle and the forum software is listed as "vAdvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Apparently you're accessing the forum via an "android platform" and not a "windows/Apple platform". If that's the case, then you won't have all the "computer software features" and photo orientation is likely to be one of those features that's not available. Try accessing the forum using either a windows/Apple computer/laptop and see what you get.

I have limited experience with "phone based programs" and can't advise you on how to manipulate within them. As for deleting Tapatalk, if that is the app you're using to access the forum, if you delete that program, you may find that you have no access to the forum.

Since you are not the only person experiencing photo orientation issues when posting from a phone/android/apple platform, I'd suspect that feature (photo orientation) is a glitch in that access program, and not anything we can "fix" within the V Bulletin software. We don't own the V Bulletin system, that is owned by someone else, we use their software, so we don't control it or have the ability to re-write parts of it. Sort of like leasing a car, you have to not change it, if you do, you have to fix it back before turning it in or pay the damages.

For me, and I'm definitely NOT the final word on how the internet works. If there's a program and someone else (third party) designs something to access that program, it's not the responsibility of the original software to "fix their issue" with access. Sort of, if WalMart builds a store in your town, it's not WalMart's responsibility to reschedule the bus routes from the next town over, so those people can shop. It's up to the customer and the bus system to figure out what routes need to be changed to get there. So I don't imagine V Bulletin is going to fix the android third party issues, then again, if there's enough profit in fixing it, maybe they will, but I wouldn't hold my breath that they go much further than the bAdvanced software interface that's already present.
I agree, the forum (here) is just a different release than my other forums. They use the mobile access, which is formatted for phones. If they have other issues, it’s all good.

I can see logic in keeping what works best. A sideways pic, while annoying, is a small thing compared to overall ease of use for others.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #22
Salt Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
I agree, the forum (here) is just a different release than my other forums. They use the mobile access, which is formatted for phones. If they have other issues, it’s all good.

I can see logic in keeping what works best. A sideways pic, while annoying, is a small thing compared to overall ease of use for others.
Completely agree....... I'm a Mod on the other forum and have been involved in multiple new releases and Vb5 is a nightmare.

I see my Droid is using version 3.2.3 here....
Salt Life is offline   Reply With Quote