Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 AM   #21
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Then at dark they build a huge campfire at each site stinking up the whole park
Lord forbid you have a campfire. The unmitigated gall of some folks!
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:37 AM   #22
LuvsPalmTrees

Well - we just returned from one of our favorite campgrounds (10 day trip) and to watch how disrespectful some campers (and I use that term lightly) have become. The state campgrounds in Michigan are great. They have in roads and out roads, speed limit is 10 mph. I watched people flying through the campground, going the wrong direction, and going through someone's site because they cannot wait for someone to back in their trailer. I was just flabbergasted at how inconsiderate some campers are.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post

I love campfires...a lot. But, there is a time and place for them. In a packed campground, with units 15' apart is NOT the time to build a bonfire and run the folks around you out due to the wall of smoke and ash.

I watched one couple last winter (FL) that insisted on having a large fire outside their trailer. The park is situated so that the fronts of 2 trailers face each other with a space and the backs face each other into the service pods. They built the fire every evening, drank beer and carried on while the smoke literally flooded the persons trailer in front of them forcing them to close the door and windows. The same held true for many others as the smoke engulfed the sites. They could have cared less. They stayed a week and at the end of the week tensions were very high and they were the recipients of a lot of animosity. When they left a discussion was had with the owner and the fire rings were placed in an open common area and that is where fires are now if someone wants one.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #24
vampress_me

Too funny with the timing of me reading this post. Yesterday, with the campground owner’s blessing, I just ordered these signs for our favorite campground.

This weekend my final nerve was hit for people speeding through. And the sad part, the campground has only 50 spots, tent and camper, total, with all the tent sites back on the loop with just a single gravel road to get there. We had well over 20 kids in the campground this weekend who play in the middle of the loop and ride bike on the road. And more and more idiots not having any respect for others.

So, we’ll see if this does anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F07F9509-A0EA-4D70-BB87-4D0F9D959FE4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	17744  

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #25
AbHDToyHauler

Well I have to say that the size and type of camping "vessel" is not really the problem. I have camped with many people that have huge trailers and motor homes but are also pleasant and respectful. The issue today is the "entitled" generation. We were brought up to say please and thanks and respect our elders etc. Many today just think of themselves. Our kids were brought up respectful as well and standing back and listening to them interact with others is a pleasure. My son is a huge fishing fan. He only does barbless catch and release. Funny enough the soldiers and policemen we have met are also great people to camp with. Think there's a reason??
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #26
66joej

A campground we frequent in Kimberley BC has somewhat solved that problem with very hefty speed bumps. Pretty well have to almost stop to go over and then there is another one strategically placed! Can work on gravel roads also.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #27
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
Read "sourdoughs" comments! I totally agree! I enjoy a good campfire with marshmallows & s'mores, if so I'll build a fire at my site & not have to enjoy the "huge bonfire" right behind/in front of me that burns til 2-3-4am burning whatever they can throw ino it, some of which might be wood.
To be honest, can't remember the last time we parked anywhere that allowed open fires, due the droughts everywhere in the west, & they still burn up every spring/summer.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #28
LuvsPalmTrees

I think everyone enjoys a fire (S'Mores/popcorn/marshmallows) but it is all about being respectful of your neighbors. If someone had a campfire and got loud one night I can take it, but if they spend every night being loud and drunk with a smokey fire that is another issue.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #29
LuvsPalmTrees

vampress_me - love the sign.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:39 AM   #30
Steveo57

I'm a volunteer campground host at the largest state park campground in Maine. There's 250 sites and 4 bathhouses that we take care of.

I'd say that 99% of the campers are well behaved and considerate. But that always leaves a few who can ruin the stays of those around them.

There's only a handful of times this summer that I can recall where campers left a mess or they were disruptive.

The ones that really bother me are the screamers, especially the parents. All they do all day long is scream and yell at their kids. And some of the kids do it back. I feel sorry for them.

Screaming babies are another annoyance but for the most part people grin and bear it because we've all been there done that!
Old 07-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #31
Dave W

Ah - a couple of my pet peeves. CG speed and fires.

Our summer seasonal CG has. IIRC, 57 sites plus a few tent sites, There are two regular loops, one of whic we are at plus a 3rd that has only seasonals that never move - ever, This morning at 0630, I along with the older pup almost got run over by a weekender who thought 40 mph was a good speed. Additionall, we are bordered on three sides by access roads and of course, there are those high speeds blowing dust plus kids most weekends in neighboring sites. I'm about to make up some speed signs with my router for at least our end.

Smoke - last fall, Gettysburg CG, There are some sites that are really close and we were in one. Some moron (and that is not a loose term) pulled in next to us, proceedesd to open his LR slide at least 2 feet across our line. Yes they are marked. I asked nicely to move over then had to strongly explain the facts of real life. He moved. His next deed was to start a smoking fire which lasted until midnight then it was rekindled at 0630. The wood must have been willow as it stunk like burning garbage plus it was wet since it was raining.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

Had one of those "bonfire builders" behind us a few years ago. I hooked up the hose with a nozzle and started wetting down my roof and the overspray "accidently" went over my roof. The idiot started yelling and I politely informed him that as long as he was going to build the flames of Hades I would protect my property in anway necessary. The party promptly broke up and moved to another campsite. My DW said it was probably the sticker on the back window of my truck that reads"ACP 45 because shooting twice is just silly".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #33
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Had one of those "bonfire builders" behind us a few years ago. I hooked up the hose with a nozzle and started wetting down my roof and the overspray "accidently" went over my roof. The idiot started yelling and I politely informed him that as long as he was going to build the flames of Hades I would protect my property in anway necessary. The party promptly broke up and moved to another campsite. My DW said it was probably the sticker on the back window of my truck that reads"ACP 45 because shooting twice is just silly".
I like your approach and solution to the problem.....Nice!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:17 PM   #34
steamboatscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
The ones that really bother me are the screamers, especially the parents. All they do all day long is scream and yell at their kids. And some of the kids do it back. I feel sorry for them.
Simple "Chain of Screaming:"
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:38 AM   #35
gearhead

Huge bonfires, speeding, barking dogs, loud music, screamers, and door slammers annoy me as well. My latest peeve is car horns. I used to have neighbors that blew their car horn every time they pulled in their driveway. Sounded like a New York taxi stand. Now it seems some people have their car programmed to honk when ever they lock or unlock their doors. Not a big deal at the mall, but at 5am in a campground or 11pm next door is really rubbing me the wrong way.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #36
TheGriz

Hmmm...possibly some Bobby McFerrin therapy is in order

https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #37
KYFamily

In 14 years of camping I can't really recall any one camper bothering me to make me upset. When camping, other than boondocking, your going to get noise. As long as quite hours are honored I can pretty much put up with anything. It beats a day of work anytime.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #38
Dave W

.......then there are those that insist on using an impact wrench at some O-Dark Hour to set their jacks
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #39
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
.......then there are those that insist on using an impact wrench at some O-Dark Hour to set their jacks
That’s always been a curiousity question for me. Why an impact wrench? Our Dewalt drill has always done a great job -without the added noise!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #40
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

These equal happiness on those nights when the neighbors are a little cray-cray.
Name:   c2c7a0361e36e9bbfa1d0d1c37496dee.gif
Views: 232
Size:  177.6 KB

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator