Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
lakechopaka

Panel that controls lights, water pump, fridge not working

So the panel that controls the lights, and the hot water heater, refrigerator is not working. I checked all the fuses and none are burnt out. Is there a fuse I am missing? I heard there is one in the inverter but I am not sure where it is located. Any help is much appreciated. By the way slide out, solar panels and hitch work. I have a 2015 24RKSWE Cougar
2001 Utah Coleman Tent Trailer
1998 Dodge Ram 4X4 1500
lakechopaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like the 12 VDC system is turned off/inoperative. You probably have a battery cutoff switch (?). Check to make sure you have 12 VDC through that switch. Check your battery for a full charge. Next, check the 12 VDC mini breakers that are mounted either on the A-frame/bulkhead (on travel traielrs) or in the front compartment (on fifth wheels). If they are good, check the reverse polarity fuses (two red 40 amp fuses) on the power distribution panel. They are often located just to the left of the 12 VDC fuse panel with all the 15 amp fuses.

All of the items you say aren't working are "managed by 12VDC" so somewhere, you don't have 12 volts getting to the system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
lakechopaka

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It sounds like the 12 VDC system is turned off/inoperative. You probably have a battery cutoff switch (?). Check to make sure you have 12 VDC through that switch. Check your battery for a full charge. Next, check the 12 VDC mini breakers that are mounted either on the A-frame/bulkhead (on travel traielrs) or in the front compartment (on fifth wheels). If they are good, check the reverse polarity fuses (two red 40 amp fuses) on the power distribution panel. They are often located just to the left of the 12 VDC fuse panel with all the 15 amp fuses.

All of the items you say aren't working are "managed by 12VDC" so somewhere, you don't have 12 volts getting to the system.
Thanks John I will check that and get back to you. You are always helpful!
2001 Utah Coleman Tent Trailer
1998 Dodge Ram 4X4 1500
lakechopaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, light, lights, water, water pump