Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
Whitewolf

Slideout roller replacement

I remember when I put our 5r away late last fall that I noticed the nylon roller under the bedroom slide has a flat spot on it. Most likely from not turning like it should.

Has anyone replaced a roller themselves? If so, where did you get the new roller?

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You can get them at the parts counter of your local RV dealership, but there are different styles and sizes. Best thing to do is look on trekwood and then compare prices, since they should show the one specific to your coach.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 AM   #3
Whitewolf

Thanks Chuckster, I'll look around on Trekwood. Didn't know they existed. Wonder how hard this is goin to be to replace.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
Willg1718

I have a 2018 Keystone Cougar 344 MKS. The rollers on at the foot of our bed are small and poorly installed. They have started turning sideways and dragging on the carpet. Besides damaging the carpet this has put pressure on the attachment of the bed to the slide. The three screws that attach the bed to the slide started to pull out. I noticed this, removed the covers to the attachment point, and repaired using more and larger screws. Repairing the rollers required fabrication of new mountings points for new and better rollers from Home Depot. The old rollers are still in place because it is not possible to remove them. I raised the foot of the bed with the new rollers just enough for the old rollers not to contact the floor.
Willg1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #5
CaptnJohn

Good job. With what my wife stores under the bed in our Montana I’ll probably experience the same

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout