Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
Gregory

Grey tanks

I have a cougar 25res,2020,after about 3 trips my kitchen sink backed up and I pulled drain line. Then I noticed a drain pull under the main slide for a second tank.wonder why that would not be with the grey 1 and black levers?
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Often times a third tank will have a handle in a completely different area because it’s either easier to do that at the factory, or it’s too far away for a cable pull.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:33 PM   #3
foldbak

Wow your dealership didn't do you right! A lot of Cougars have 3 tanks, Black and gray on one outlet and a galley on the second. Why? Hell if I know....

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:35 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It's all about floorplan !!!!!

You can't tie a rear kitchen sink drain to a front bath shower drain and have the tanks "side by side" so the handles are together and you can't run a Bowden cable 15' from the rear tank to install the pull handle next to the tank with the 12" straight rod pull handle.... You can "run that Bowden cable that far", but the first bit of wet weather and the cable corrodes and you're disassembling the coroplast belly to replace a "failure prone cable"....

If Everyone would "settle" for the same floorplan, then we'd all be able to have our tank handles in the same location... But, what would we do with people who wanted toyhaulers or bunkhouses or rear entertainment centers or rear kitchens or ??????

Floorplan "dictates where tanks are located" and "tank location dictates where valve handles are located" (within reason of course)....

Now if we wanted to add another "high failure item" to fuss about Keystone's inept ability to build quality trailers, we could pay $500 more for each trailer and have three switches inside, on the wall to operate the electric dump valves.... But, with In-Command not working well with air conditioner controls, do we really want a black tank valve that won't open ??????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:03 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I know this is old hat for long time RVers but unfortunately a seeming unknown for newbies; location of the waste tank pull handles!! Should be covered in due diligence, PDI and walk through but it is missed quite often.

I was bouncing around about what new trailer to buy and with all my knee/back problems dump handle placement was a top priority. Wanted a Cougar 315RLS but had the sales mgr. go out and take pics of where the dump handles were; no go! One looked like it was 3' under the trailer! Now they are all conveniently located on this one. Always do a PDI and always know where those pull handles are....and what they are dumping!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank