Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
norcal1

Bullet front end problems

Hello I have a 2016 Keystone Bullet. I was uncovering and washing it this weekend getting it ready for the season. The front now has about 6 waves in it. They are all on only one side and I checked for leaks no sign of leaks. Called dealer today and of course it is out of warranty. They did give me a number to Keystone customer service to call. They also said they did not think they would agree to fix it. I cant call today because they on the east coast and it closed now.
Does any one have any idea of a cheap fix. It really looks bad. The inside of the trailer still smells new and the front looks, like I said really bad. And I still owe over 18k. No one would ever buy it the way it looks now. Any advice would be helpful.
norcal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #2
Frank G

Pictures Please.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
66joej

Had the same problem on our 2013 Cougar. Turned out to be a leak at one of the front clearance lights. Not to disillusion you but it cost $6200 to replace the front end. Work was done in Lake Havasu this past winter. Insurance paid for it minus our deductable. We are Canadians so your insurance may differ.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #4
Tbos

Unfortunately my experience with insurance in the USA looks at something like a leak as normal wear and tear that we as users are supposed to prevent by doing maintenance.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal1 View Post
Hello I have a 2016 Keystone Bullet. I was uncovering and washing it this weekend getting it ready for the season. The front now has about 6 waves in it. They are all on only one side and I checked for leaks no sign of leaks. Called dealer today and of course it is out of warranty. They did give me a number to Keystone customer service to call. They also said they did not think they would agree to fix it. I cant call today because they on the east coast and it closed now.
Does any one have any idea of a cheap fix. It really looks bad. The inside of the trailer still smells new and the front looks, like I said really bad. And I still owe over 18k. No one would ever buy it the way it looks now. Any advice would be helpful.
You said it had been covered. How long? With what? I believe I've read that the cover can keep condensation in and then it enters the trailer...and causes warping of the exterior; along with other problems they cause. You might search and see what you can find on the forum but I believe that has been discussed several times in the past. Hoping insurance will help you. If it were me, the cover would go but that's JMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
Carrottop

Had this on my Passport and the service manager is the one who caught it and had the front replaced under warranty. He stated this is common and is usually triggered by the framing not being level. When they took my front off sure enough it was not level they leveled the whole front of the RV and installed the new front cap. He did say there was some minor leaking in that corner and had it been left it would have been worse. I would certainly try to push either Keystone as this is a known problem for them or your insurance company.

Good Luck
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
Had this on my Passport and the service manager is the one who caught it and had the front replaced under warranty. He stated this is common and is usually triggered by the framing not being level. When they took my front off sure enough it was not level they leveled the whole front of the RV and installed the new front cap. He did say there was some minor leaking in that corner and had it been left it would have been worse. I would certainly try to push either Keystone as this is a known problem for them or your insurance company.

Good Luck

My dealer said it’s normal and wouldn’t pursue getting Keystone to replace it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Pathfinder

I've 2011 Bullet and its been a money pit with leaks on roof slide, furniture Won't be a second one in my future ever
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet