Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2024, 06:13 PM   #1
Jmwolf365

DS Floodlights

Hello,

The DS flood lights won't go off in my 2011 Keystone Montana. This is driving me crazy. I have a remote, I don't know how it works and there are no instructions where to POINT the remote or how close it needs to be to wherever it is. I do not know how the button combination to turn the lights off. I can't beleive what genius came up with this flood light idea but I need the damn things turned off once and for all. I am lighting up the whole place day and night and can't fix it. In fact, I think the remote is broken anyhow.

What is the specific instructions to turn off the flood lights? I see a ton of questions on this and not specific instructions.

I can't post a picture of my remote. Awesome *** app.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jocelyn
Jmwolf365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:35 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

The remote if like mine was does multiple functions other than the lights. Do those functions work? Have you replaced the batteries in the remote? How long have the lights been on? Remember they will drain your batteries if you aren't 1) on shore power or charging them and 2) aren't maintaining water levels.

As a last resort there will be a 12v fuse that powers those lights. You can find that by pulling them until the lights go out....but something else will probably lose power as well. My first thought would be to make sure the remote is functional then it should power down the lights by just pointing it at the trailer. My control box was in my passthrough. If the lights were turned on by the remote, as it seems they were, they have to be turned off by the remote. It's been several years but I think my remote had a little emblem that looked like a little sun that powered the lights. Here's a link I just found;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16655410851...Cclp%3A4429486

The little icon that looks like a light bulb is it. I could not find it on the lci website in a very short search...I'm sure it is obsolete.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:56 PM   #3
Carl n Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmwolf365 View Post
Hello,

What is the specific instructions to turn off the flood lights? I see a ton of questions on this and not specific instructions.
Press the "Light" button to turn the flood light on or off. It is on the bottom row, in the middle above the button labeled "LCI"
This is my remote.
Click image for larger version

Name:	3700 remote 20150402_123056.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	46062

Here is another style remote.

Name:	20191009_111944.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	46063
Quote:
I can't post a picture of my remote. Awesome *** app.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jocelyn
Lots of people post pics all the time here. Use the "Go Advanced" button in the Reply area. Once there, scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and follow the instructions to upload a picture from your PC. Once uploaded, position the cursor where you want to place the picture, and click on the little paper clip icon (on the line with the Font and Size, just right of the smiley icon) to add the picture to your post.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 08:19 AM   #4
dutchmensport

Take the lens off the light and remove the light bulb. Cut the wires, or pull the fuse to that light. Easy solution!
Old 01-22-2024, 07:18 AM   #5
Jmwolf365

Hi,

I got new batteries and the remote lights up, unsure it works or the specific combination for the lights. I can't figure out how to post a picture. It just has a URL option when I press on the picture icon. Where is the pass through located?

Thanks!

J
Old 01-22-2024, 07:21 AM   #6
Jmwolf365

I took a picture given those instructions. The remote has a new battery. Unsure where to point the remote and it does not seem that I know the combination for the buttons that control the exterior flood lights. Thank you...any suggestions for this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20240122_081434.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	46067  
Old 01-22-2024, 08:28 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Have you tried contacting Lippert, 432-547-7378? I'm sure the remote is obsolete and I can't find it thus far. They used to have an extensive list of all their remotes but they must have removed that from their website. They won't know where the controller is but they should be able to tell you what it looks like and how your remote operates.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:37 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Lippert recently reorganized their support website and things are not where they used to be.

That said, here's the link to the pdf for their remote control transmitters. I believe yours is the "first generation type B".

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0003488.pdf

The "Lippert link to all their wireless electronics" is: https://support.lci1.com/electronics...-and-receivers

From that page you can search the Lippert website for their support contacts such as email, web based and phone based assistance.

As for the location of your receiver, typically it will be located near the battery or in a compartment adjacent to the battery/battery cutoff switch. So, locate your RV battery compartment and you'll likely find it mounted to the forward bulkhead or to the roof of that compartment.

Here's a photo of what you'll see when you find your remote receiver
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	remote receiver.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	46068   Click image for larger version

Name:	wireless-remote-brain.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	46069  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:38 AM   #9
Carl n Susan

That is earlier than mine but I would try doing this:
  • The "brain" of the system is located in the front storage area above the batteries. You need to be in that area but not necessarily up close and personal.
  • Press the "LCI" button and then the "On" button directly above it. This should turn on the remote system.
  • Press the Security Light" button directly above the other two buttons you just pushed. This should toggle the light to On or Off.
The remote was made by Gama Electronics Inc. in Woodstock, IL. (815) 356-9000

Let us know if this works.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:46 PM   #10
Jmwolf365

Thank you! I tried to program it while on the phone with Lippert. It never worked. The remote flashes blue, it does not turn red as the instructions indicate it should. Frankly, I am unaure that is the issue anyhow.

I took out the fuse, I cut off all power and disconnect batteries but it won't turn off at all! At a loss here. It is frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20240122_143139_Word.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	46072  
Old 01-22-2024, 04:19 PM   #11
LHaven

This document tells you how to (re) pair the transmitter. Don't know if it agrees with what the phone tech had you do, but if you don't have it, grab a copy and try it.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001950.pdf

Tags
light, lights