Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
Fredthecamper

Refrigerator & Cabin lights not working off battery

I have a 2022 Keystone Springdale 282BH. When I disconnect from shore power, The frig and cabins lights do not work off of the battery. The battery is charged and I have 13+ VDC coming into the breaker box. Any idea what is going on?
Fredthecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 03:32 PM   #2
RJS3791RD

Maybe your inverter is not turned on ? Mine has a disconnect for the inverter. If it is not in the “on” position, the inverter won’t turn on and my frig and inverter sockets don’t work
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:07 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredthecamper View Post
I have a 2022 Keystone Springdale 282BH. When I disconnect from shore power, The frig and cabins lights do not work off of the battery. The battery is charged and I have 13+ VDC coming into the breaker box. Any idea what is going on?
I think you have a "giggy box" on the front bulkhead (between the triangular "A Frame" rails ????? If so, it'll look something like this photo. The switch on the faceplate is a "battery cutoff switch"... Check to see if it's turned on... If that doesn't fix the problem, open the giggy box and you'll find a fuse inside the red fuse holder and on the bottom row of connections are either 2 or 3 or 4 12 volt circuit breakers. One of them may be bad.

But I'd first check that the giggy box is turned on.....

Now, all this said, the Springdale line may not have had a giggy box in 2022. If you don't find it on the bulkhead, you will find the same 12 volt DC circuit breakers, exposed to the elements on that same bulkhead... That will increase the probability that one or more of them is corroded from exposure to water while towing..... And, somewhere in the trailer (probably the front passthrough) you'll find a battery cutoff switch. Make sure it's turned on and hopefully you'll then have lights and 12 volt power to the refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giggy box 1.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	43981   Click image for larger version

Name:	giggy box 2.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	43982  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS