Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Keystone RV?
Yes 325 90.78%
No 33 9.22%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #61
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackty View Post
Yes. My issue was with camping world, not Keystone. Love our 327...Jim

I'll tell you all what I did that saved a lot of aggrivation...Conveniently forget to bring your title at pick up time. You would be amazed at how fast things get resolved when someone wants to buy your old 5'er. I actually anticipated problems with the staff from camping world at the Hershey show. Typical shady salespeople. Keep the upper hand.
Just like any chain you get the good and the bad.

We backed out of a deal on a used KZ 5er at the local CW, wanted an aluminum framed unit. I had called KZ's Customer service and they were pretty sure that the unit was AL framed. Well we pulled an outlet on an outside wall and it wasn't AL framed. Well the salesman was upset it wasn't and so were we.

About two weeks later did a search of CW inventory within 400 mile on a hoot! We saw our Copper Canyon in Burlington WA. we got great service for our salesman here getting the right deal setup, we put a hold deposit on a Tuesday, and were going to do PDI, and complete the purchase on Saturday in Burlington.
The dealerships were like night and day, the unit wasn't fully ready when we arrived, the sales crew was not friendly at all and we needed to ASK for the keys once we had signed the papers, and given them our money.
This was a very cold and rainy Saturday they were not busy at all.
Our salesman even came to our house to pickup some paperwork that the other store sent to us by mistake! Thia was about 60 miles round trip.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #62
lightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.Bikes.Dogs View Post
We have many visitors come here to see what we all think of our Keystone RVs. I thought I'd make it easy for them. I've added a poll to this post ( I think it is above this text at the top of the posting ), would you buy another Keystone product? I think that is succinct enough. Please click on a selection and let's find out what the consensus is.
So far, it's been awesome, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #63
TNT Miller

I have only had my Laredo 266RL for 2 months Really like the floor plan and all the options (Chuckle every time the auto level does its thing) So far Keystone has been good with warranty issues . So yes I would purchase another Keystone RV maybe step up to a model that has a docking station . Just WONT BUY FROM CAMPING WORLD
TNT Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #64
Retired CSIGuy

Fuzion 383

We bought new, a KSF 383. We've put about 15k on it. Some small issues and design flaws, like the control panel location and the lame awning. Two BIG issues First was one of the outer wheel bearings was missing a roller. Caught it in a bearing pack before we hit the road in '10. Had to pay to get it fixed, but got reimbersed two months later. Then there was the recalled/defective Iota inverter which burned up. That was a MAJOR deal. Almost caught the trailer on fire and had to stay in a motel for 7 GD days in Kansas in July '11 while Keystone took way too long to get the new one to the Abiline dealer. It was replaced at no charge of course, but I was out the motel bill and stuck in Junction City for over a week. I got reimbursed for a portion of the motel bill but it took 6 mos to get a check from KS....soooo...I'm undecided if I'd buy another KS product. I might, but I'd take a good look around first.
Yamaha RSV-S
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #65
Oledutchguy

Well oldwassername and I would buy another Keystone unit. Since we were newbies to the process we did a lot of research. What we found was the dealer seemed to make the difference. We sat in two other units at a show and the dealers did not approach us after 15 to 30 minutes.

The dealer employee that did the prep was also the one that was with us during the PDI and there was NO hurry on his part. He tested every system on the unit before we got there. Had it been in April they would have set this up in their camp ground for two nights for us for a real checkout. We got a pager number of the service tech on call on the weekends to talk us through problems if we ran into one.

But, this unit was hauled from nothern Indiana to New Castle Indiana and then 390 miles to a place in Tennessee and not moved since. So it is not subject to the bumps and grinds of over the road travel.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #66
mhs4771

We would have if we could have found a floor plan we really liked. We bought our Montana because of the floor plan and the ability to use the unit with the slides in if we had too. In two years of ownership that never came up and living in it for 9 months of the year we wanted more room. We checked all the Montana models, but nothing really floated our boat so we ended up with a different Thor product and love it. To each their own.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #67
foothill17

Poll

Haven't picked up our Montana 3000rk so I can't vote but I'm sure hoping it'll be a trouble free unit. All RVs have issue, just hoping mine are minor.
foothill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #68
curlyfungirl

Yes!

Absolutely! We bought our first rv five years ago. It was a 2008 VR. I. It was a complete joy with just a few minor quirks that we had to iron out. Three weeks ago we bought a new 2011 Montana 358RL. We are confident that we will enjoy this rig as much as we did our first rig.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
Petlover

Yes we would

My first keystone was a 2010 Couger 24RKS and we loved the rear kitchen. The only broblem we ever had in the 2 1/2 years we owned the TT was one ceiling speaker was bad and was covered under warranty. We were so pleased with the unit that when we started looking to upgrade, we looked at all the 5th wheels. The choice narrowed to Heartland and Keystone.

Since we had excellent service from our TT, we chose a Montana 3750 Fl and love everyting about it.

Yes, we would purchase a Keystone again.

Petlover
Petlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #70
Badboy

yes i would yes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #71
heli190

Just bought our 2nd Keystone

Just sold our 05 Montana 3670 and purchased an Alpine 3600. Great unit, but Keystone has still not figured out how to wire in the Tv jacks..They need to learn that Sat dishes normally mount on the roof, not in the water station.
heli190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #72
placergoldman

We have a 2008 passport 245rb but will be trading it in and will pick up our new cougar 27rlswe next week..so i guess that would be a yes on buying another keystone product..i just hope we have the same good luck with the new tt as the old one..

Tim
placergoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #73
StacyB

We'll probably buy Keystone again. Our 2010 318SAB just started having issues this week-end with our trip to Hershey, PA. Most are minor with the exception of the bed seperating from the slide-out wall, (still haven't figured that out). Other than that, we have been plenty satisfied.
2015 F-350 Platinum
Tank the Lab
Speedy spastic Yorkie
StacyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #74
rv4d

Most Likely

We have owned it since 5/2012, overnighted 28 nights in leased space near home, and traveled an additional 6 weeks (2,600 miles) with no real problems. Several minor issues, but fixed myself - also beginning list of owner installed mods - don't know how anyone that is not mechanical can enjoy this lifestyle/hobby.

Back to dealer to have poorly installed and reinforced shower pan repaired, dining table moved and microwave replaced. All done. Also had spare tire installed UNDER and behind rear axle.

Dealer = shaky
Keystone = so far so good
Jury = still out

That said we love the overall experience. Montana next time??
'05 Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4X CCSB
18K Superglide
rv4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #75
Htfiremedic

So far a BIG yes! We bought our Fuzion TE II used at CW in Asheville, NC. Harvie Coates was our salesman and was great. Our PDI was done by the man who did the inspection. He ran our salesman off and did the PDI himself. He pointed out a few issues, called Harvie over and made it right without us asking for it to b fixed.
Those guys took care of us. We were in a hurry, we had a family member at home, an hour and a half away, on hospice and near death. They had all paperwork ready, we were in and out in an hour and a half with complete satisfaction.
Yes!
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #76
geo

OK, I'll admit it

OK, I'll admit. Earlier in this thread I said "Yes". But, I guess I should be truthful.

The answer is "No". And the new fiver isn't a Thor Industries either. DW and I have ordered a DRV Elite Suites 38RSSB3 with some customization.

I hope I might still be accepted to remain here at KeystoneRV.org as a former owner. Please?

And, if you know anyone heading up to work the Bakken or Marcellus, and if they are looking for a well-insulated Alpine, with tank heaters, etc. (follow my posted threads in the Mods), PM me and I can send you the dealer information where they can find it. But be sure they become part of the Keystone Forum too!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #77
azlee56

after all that work and mods your giving up your RV for another one??!!! You will have to start all over doing mods on that one. (smiling)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #78
Festus2
Site Team

geo -
Former owners, present owners, future owners - "you all" are welcome.

Because of your past and extensive work in the belly of the Alpine surpassed only by the verbosity of your related posts, I will be nominating you for a "Lifetime Membership" in our forum.

You can't get rid of us simply by buying another brand of RV.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #79
jerseyphil

Yes

I would definitely buy another Keystone Cougar. I love the value, floor plans, AND, I've had mine for almost 2 years now and only a couple very minor issues. All systems have always worked perfectly.

The minor issues were things like a closet catch broke, and my dinette table needed an extra screw in the base to secure it better. That's it. I can't complain at all.

Great Thread!!

Phil
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #80
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
after all that work and mods your giving up your RV for another one??!!! You will have to start all over doing mods on that one. (smiling)
Azlee56 -

Actually, I won't have to start all over. The DRV comes with "rock wool batt" insulation - no Formaldahyde, tank heaters, etc. In fact, though I didn't option it, one could get dual 30,000 BTU furnaces! I am having it customized to install a reverse osmosis system, but I want to install that. They get to run all the plumbing and electric, though. If you like, I can PM you when we get it and maybe some pics.

Thank you, Festus2, for the kind words. Actually, you reminded me of a post I should make in case someone follows me into "The World of the Underbelly"! I'll put it in the Mods section.

And, if someone needs a cold weather Alpine, let me know. The sales manager has asked me if I could help with the PDI to show the new owner "what all that stuff is for and how to work it".

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote