Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
kaydo36

2019 vs 2020? (Springdale)

TL;DR - Differences between Springdale 202RD 2019 and 2020 models.

I'm planning to purchase a 202RD, and saw a 2020 locally, but found a deal worth travelling for on a 2019. Anyone know, or have a resource for differences between 2019 & 2020 Springdale travel trailers? Tough to find a comprehensive listing. I know the general specs are the same, but I'd like to know even minor things I may be sacrificing before pulling the trigger. Example being the furrion pre-wired hookups for solar, which is rarely mentioned in dealer ads and not easily visible in pics.

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to joining the owners club!
kaydo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
Customer1

Forget about the phony solar prep, it is nothing but two wires and a plug for a portable solar panel.

We specifically bought a 2018 a few months ago after watching lots of YouTube videos and comparing years. By watching dealers videos you will learn the differences in model years and then can carefully view the pictures in ads of specific RVs.

Be aware that unlike autos the RV companies regularly make changes during the year.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
kaydo36

Ha. Okay thanks. I watched a few as you suggested. Only difference I could catch was a power tongue jack on the newer versus manual on 2019. Was hoping for a white paper or something visual to let me skip the dealer pitches and their tendency to focus on fluff
kaydo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

From a marketing perspective, Keystone probably won't suggest the 2020 models are "new and improved" or "have extras" as long as there are any 2019 models left to sell. Doing that would suggest to buyers that they really need a 2020 and to skip over the "less attractive 2019 models"... That would mean "orphans sitting on dealer lots" while the newer ones keep getting sold...

So, as far as Keystone is concerned, they probably won't "talk up the new ones" as long as there are old ones left to sell... In reality, Keystone doesn't introduce the new year models, they just "start showing up on dealer lots around mid March/early April, with NO fanfare to say that they're available for sale.... After the lots are cleared of all the old "last year models" is when Keystone starts the "new and improved advertising"....

From an assembly line vantage, the first models of the new year will (almost always) use the left over furniture and décor of the previous year. All that extra stuff needs to be used, so the early "new models" will usually look "just like last year's trailers" and it's around "mid year production run" that the new colors, new materials, new fiberglass caps, new "tan instead of white" roofs and black (not white) slide end panels start to appear on dealer lots....

If you compare a "first run 2019 and a last run 2019, they aren't even close to the same in appearance. It's the same with the "last run 2019 and the first run 2020 models that looks almost identical....

So, chances are you won't find any documentation to make the differentiation apparent and chances are unless you sit them side by side and do a "point by point comparison" you won't see much difference either.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale