Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2019, 05:44 AM   #1
RockyMountaineer

Replacing glass top for Furrion cooktop

I posted this originally in wrong section, my apologies.

Hi. Made stupid move, trying to make coffee in the dark and not wake my wife up, and didnt pull back glass cover, which shattered. I ordered new one from Furrion for $99, any hints about proper way to install/replace glass? Just thought someone may have had glass crack, in a not so dumb way. Any advice?
Thanks.
RockyMountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
Redsoxcamper

Well..… You aren't the only one to do this. I did something similar this past weekend. I also saw the replacement on the furrion site. Did you replace yourself? Also, did you take range apart to retrieve all 500,000 glass pieces or just let the ones that fell inside the cabinet remain there?
Thanks for your help!
Redsoxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
RockyMountaineer

Hey Red Sox camper, yes I replaced myself, very easy, quick. I just pulled the cover off burners to get as many tiny glass pieces as possible, and any glass that fell into the stove area. I'll probably make sure to cover whatever I cook in the oven, just in case. Anyway, easy to do, inexpensive repair. Good luck.
RockyMountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
Raquel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxcamper View Post
Well..… You aren't the only one to do this. I did something similar this past weekend. I also saw the replacement on the furrion site. Did you replace yourself? Also, did you take range apart to retrieve all 500,000 glass pieces or just let the ones that fell inside the cabinet remain there?
Thanks for your help!
Would you happen to know if warranty covers replacement? I've owned mine for 4 months.
Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
Would you happen to know if warranty covers replacement? I've owned mine for 4 months.

It would depend on what happened to yours. Was it a defect or did you break it?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountaineer View Post
Hi. Made stupid move, trying to make coffee in the dark and not wake my wife up, and didnt pull back glass cover, which shattered.
Ha! I have been wondering about whether or not the glass was for cooking on. I won't repeat your mistake (now that I know better).
Old 09-13-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
Warner

Missing something

Furrion range glass cover is pretty and gives you addition counter top when not using the range.

It happened this weekend when a guest offered to help with dinner and forgot to fold the glass cover back. I checked on the Furrion web site and the glass cover is out of stock and the cost $159.00 when and if it becomes available. Etrailer site offers the complete range cover with glass for $500.00 pulse. Etrailer states it's the only way Furrion will sell the glass replacement. Are we talking about the same glass cover? Seems that from what I found this is a common mistake and is a revenue stream for Furrion. I guess now it comes with a "common sense" warning sticker on the glass. Thinking that a consumer protection group might want to look into how many times this has happen and how many injuries it has caused.
Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner View Post
Thinking that a consumer protection group might want to look into how many times this has happen and how many injuries it has caused.
Who would you report it to that could "track and intervene" ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner View Post
Furrion range glass cover is pretty and gives you addition counter top when not using the range.

It happened this weekend when a guest offered to help with dinner and forgot to fold the glass cover back. I checked on the Furrion web site and the glass cover is out of stock and the cost $159.00 when and if it becomes available. Etrailer site offers the complete range cover with glass for $500.00 pulse. Etrailer states it's the only way Furrion will sell the glass replacement. Are we talking about the same glass cover? Seems that from what I found this is a common mistake and is a revenue stream for Furrion. I guess now it comes with a "common sense" warning sticker on the glass. Thinking that a consumer protection group might want to look into how many times this has happen and how many injuries it has caused.

What consumer protection group would want to know that you broke a glass stove top....because you didn't fold it up as you should? I sure wouldn't do it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glass