Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
chay1950

Sterling Sport ST Tire

I have searched this forum, but there doesn't seem to be anything about the Sterling Sport ST tire. This tire came on my new 2018 Springdale Summerland 2660RL trailer. It is size ST205/75R15, Load Range D.

Does anyone know anything about this tire. Doing an internet search on it, I get that it is a Trademark of Lionshead Specialty Tire. However there is nothing about it on Lionshead website.

I'm trying to determine if they are worth keeping or opt to buy a known tire brand. Anyone have an opinion? Thanks.

Clayton in Houston
2018 Springdale Summerland 2660RL trailer
2013 Toyota Tundra V8 5.7L iForce
chay1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chay1950 View Post
I have searched this forum, but there doesn't seem to be anything about the Sterling Sport ST tire. This tire came on my new 2018 Springdale Summerland 2660RL trailer. It is size ST205/75R15, Load Range D.

Does anyone know anything about this tire. Doing an internet search on it, I get that it is a Trademark of Lionshead Specialty Tire. However there is nothing about it on Lionshead website.

I'm trying to determine if they are worth keeping or opt to buy a known tire brand. Anyone have an opinion? Thanks.

Clayton in Houston
Look on the tire sidewall for the plant code. Once you find out where it's built you can usually find out who the USA wholesaler is.

Here is a link to a plant code document.

http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

OEM tire providers like to have some name recognition for the tires they sell. Sometimes a particular tire name will be changed because of bad publicity. I'm not saying that's what's happened in this case as I have zero information to make any such judgement. All I'm saying is, it happens.

https://www.trademarkia.com/sterling...-86430492.html
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
Retired Copper

Loinshead also distribute West Lake and several other tires probally all make from the same Chinese factory.There are just a few post, and one I read over on the forrest river post about a blow out on a new trailer and the guy`s dealer told him to contact the company. I see the are open a company in Goshen so we will probably see more showing up on Keystone. I have run my Trailer King II tire for almost a year with under 1k miles and some time next month they are history, I am pretty sure I am going to try the Endurance one load range higher and try to support st tires made in the USA,
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:12 AM   #4
Tinner12002

Just my opinion but I wouldn't leave a no-name tire on my RV unless I could confirm some good history on it. I'd look into getting a set of Maxxis or Carlisle tires. You might weigh your RV and see if you might be wise to go up one size or weight rating on your tires also.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #5
daynawide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chay1950 View Post

Clayton in Houston

Look up Trekwood.com they are the keystone part supplier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
daynawide is offline   Reply With Quote