Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Rallies and Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Karen & Larry

Great Lakes Rally

I'm wondering why there isn't a Rally held in Indiana near the area where the Keystone Manufacture is located, that could maybe include tours of the factory so owners can see how the RV are made first hand.

We are from a former CrossRoads owner club in which we attended 5 of the owners /factory Rallies held in Shipshawana Indiana every year. They were always held on the third weekend of July.
This was also a wonderful way for many owners to come together every year enjoy meals, games, reps from the factory coming out to visit & renewing old friendships. There were people from all across the states that came on & off to these Rallies.
Karen & Larry
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
iamrwnut

I like it. Make it happen K&L.

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Karen & Larry

Northwest Rallies Il & Ind

I wouldn't even know wherre to begin!! It might be nice if a gorup of people could work togther on this happening
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Karen & Larry -
If you are looking for information about organizing a rally, you might want to send a Private Message to Jim & Kay. This couple has had some experience and may be able to get you started if you are interested in organizing one.
Rallies are a difficult thing. They just don't happen and you do need someone to take charge and organize it. Getting people to commit to one is also difficult. Finding a suitable time and place is another issue. It takes a lot of time and effort but they can and do happen.
Have an exchange with Jim & Kay ....... this is their user name.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
DK Henry

Larry & Karen, I would be interested in that. We just got back form New Castel IN and had a great time. The DW and I live in Murray Kentucky and travel Southern IN. Quite a bit. We were wanting to tour Keystone before we picked up our new camper but it just never worked out. I have read that there is quite a bit to do up there. There is a museum and a lot of suppliers with stores that I think a lot of people would be interested in. I know the DW and I are going to go at some point.
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Karen & Larry

D K, I just made a new post under the NorthEast Rally which gave a description of the Rally at CrossRoads in Shipshwana In. Anyone can take the suggestions from there if they like. there are two campgrounds in that area, the North is where we stay for the Rally however there is a South, owned by the same owners which is next to a flea market during the summer held every Tues. Lots of fun stuff to do. There is also a KOA near by too!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
ThePressureIsOn

I would consider co-hosting a Keystone rally in Shipshewana IN.

We have stayed at Middlebury KOA: http://koa.com/campgrounds/elkhart-co/ and we not impressed. It is at the major intersection of State Road 13 and SR 120 and is very noisy. We would not stay there again unless it was a group decision.

We have also stayed at Shipshewana Campground North Park: http://www.amish.org/Northpark.htm. It's also at an intersection of SR 120 and SR 5. It is much quieter, with more trees. We would and probably will stay there again.

We have not stayed at Shipshewana Campground South Park: http://www.amish.org/southpark.htm. On Google Maps it looks like a large, treeless field.

The RV/MH Museum in Bristol IN: http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/halloffame.cfm. It is a very cool place to visit/tour. We enjoyed it and would like to go back.

The Shipshewana Flea Market is open on Tuesday and Wednesday only: http://www.amishcountry.org/events/d...event_id=25453.

The Keystone factory is in Goshen IN. It would be about a 25 - 30 drive for the tour.

Shipshewana is about a 1 & 1/2 drive for me, but I wouldn't mind the drive to finalize things.
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
chartrand

I would like to attend the Rally, I've never been to one, and I'm just south of Battle Creek in Coldwater....

I have contact information for the Bullet and Premier Keystone Rep that gave me my factory tour, he's really good to work with.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Karen & Larry

We always stay at the shipshawan North campground every year for the Crossroads Rally
the south has No trees however there is a enclosed building that can be used for a meeting room. I'm sure it would have airconditioning too!

I guess if this could happen one would to contact the campground talk to the owners & see if they could secure a weekend for a Rally come up date & with a price & then post it. monies for the rally date are then collect by a person & the (debt) full amount is usually paid in full to the campground the weekend of the Rally unless the owners want to handle it another way. those who come in early or stay late make there reservations directly with the Campground at the site number they requested. This is currently how the arrangements are made for the CrossRoads Rally
Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
DK Henry

I know Mark Krol who is a district sales manager for the Montana division. I would be happy to contact him and see if he would help put something together. Just let me know what I can do to help. We have never camped at any of the campgrounds listed so we are good with whatever. As far as dates are concerned we would try and make whatever works the best for the most people.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
ThePressureIsOn

Please forgive me, but I have to back out of helping to plan a rally this year. I really enjoy doing things like this, getting people together, and at times over commit. My wife and I are the directors of another camping group and that alone keeps up pretty busy.

I have a friend with pancreatic cancer and has only months to live. I am helping him now and he going to need much more help very soon.

Again, I truly apologize. I will get involved next year.
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
DK Henry

Thepressureison , sorry to hear that, but I totally understand. I have a tendency to do the same thing.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
Richard1939

Rally

There is a Montana RV Rally scheduled for Sept. 25th – October 2nd 2013 at Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Elkhart Indiana. What is that all about?
Richard1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
Festus2
Site Team

You will probably be able to find out more information about this rally by going to this site:
www.montanaowners.com

This is a site dedicated to those who own Montana RV's and is not to be confused with the Montana Social Group found on this forum.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Bugle Boy

Count us in. As a car guy, I volunteer to coordinate and arrange a group tour of the Studebaker plant and museum in South Bend, about 30 miles west of Goshen.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

https://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps6b1f8d57.jpg
Bugle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle Boy View Post
Count us in. As a car guy, I volunteer to coordinate and arrange a group tour of the Studebaker plant and museum in South Bend, about 30 miles west of Goshen.
Paul -
Not sure what rally you are talking about when you say, "Count us in." Are you speaking about the one that Richard 1939 heard something about for Montana owners or some other rally?

To the best of my knowledge, no one on this forum has yet suggested a rally for Keystone members in this area. Are you volunteering to organize and plan one for our members or are you talking about the one Richard spoke about?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #17
Bugle Boy

I was referring to the first post by Karen and Larry. If is should come to be we would like to attend.

Before we purchased our 2006 Sunline we went to Pa. and toured the factory. It was a great trip. Little did we know that that factory would close its doors a few months later.

My plate is already quite full so no, I'm not volunteering to organize it.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #18
Festus2
Site Team

Paul -
It would seem that this rally never got too far off the ground for a variety of reasons - probably the main one being a lack of interest. If, as you say, it does ever come about, you have expressed an interest in arranging a tour for anyone who attends and who might be interested. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
Bugle Boy

What would it take to get the Goshen rally off the ground? As I see it:

1. Get a count of trailers and people.
2. Call the factory and arrange for the tour date and time.
3. Choose a park(s) and tell them how many trailers - let each participant make their
own park reservation.
4. Get a count of Studebaker museum tour participants and make date and time
reservations
5. Gas up and go.
2014 Cougar 31RKS
TV 2012 Ford F250

Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
Festus2
Site Team

Paul -
Organizing a rally is no small task. What would it take to get it off the ground?
First, you need someone to step up and "take charge". These things just don't happen and need organization and planning. This can achieved by one person or be a shared responsibility between two or three people. But you need someone to come forward and say, "I'll do that. And I need "x" number of people to give me a hand with the organization, planning and preparation.

Secondly, a date(s) and place have to determined. If you've ever organized an event, you know that you can never choose a date and place that will suit everyone. People have their own schedules, many work and can't make anything, holidays can't be rearranged - the list goes on.

Thirdly, you need a firm commitment from members who will attend. Any events planned like factory or Studebaker museum tours, campground reservations, etc., almost always require pretty definite numbers. If a specific campground will be chosen, that facility needs to know how many sites to set aside for attendees. I think most members who would attend, would like to know beforehand that they have a reserved site waiting for them.

Getting a firm commitment from people is not an easy task and perhaps the most difficult and frustrating part. For some, setting aside a specific date to be some place at a certain time is difficult. Many will say, "I'd like to go but......" . For others, it's "I might be interested, or "I might be able to go but it depends upon....." or "Sorry, something has come up and I can't go now..", etc. My point is that, while we have a very large membership, getting enough people to say "Yes, I will be there for sure," is easier said than done.

Just ask members Jim & Kay how hard it is to get a rally going. You might want to PM them and get some feedback from them about a rally.

I'm not trying to dampen your spirits about getting a rally going but simply trying to point out that I think you may have oversimplified what it takes to "get it off the ground".