Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
sftowntex8

refridgerator problem

hello,

What do you think would cause the frig not to work while the freezer still works. I did find a blow fuse in the back of the unit attached to a circuit board. It said it went to a relay. I replaced it and it held. It's my aunts camper and i haven't had time to really study the schematic it yet so i thought i would get some expert opinions on the matter. I haven't talked to her yet to see if the fuse fixed the problem yet.

Thank you
sftowntex8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
fred1609

It takes a long time for the fridge to ramp up to where it feels cold. noticed that on my buddies fridge/freezer. His freezer was feeling cold long before his fridge showed signs of life. give it 8 hours or overnight.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
sftowntex8

Yeah...I replaced the fuse 24 hours ago and it still isn't working she said. Is there any was the freezer can work and not the frig? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a slide bar on the right hand side of the cooling unit fins inside the refrigerator (at the top). That slide bar controls how much "cold" gets transferred to the fins in the refrigerator. (The rest of the "cold" stays in the freezer.) Someone may have pulled that slide bar off the vents or pushed it all the way down when cleaning the refrigerator. Adjust it by sliding it up toward the freezer and see if it makes any difference.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
sftowntex8

Thanks JRTJH,

The slider was all the way at the bottom. She slid it up and I will call her before I get off work today to see if its working.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
sftowntex8

WOOHOO....thank you JRTJH. That lever did the trick. I guess I need to stick to the K.I.S.S. method next time.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

No problem. Sometimes even a "blind hog" finds an acorn in the woods LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
05kzep241

Hey everyone, I dont know whats going on but my fridge will only work when I am plugged to the electricity, I have tried with battery and gas and it doesnt work. Dont know where or what to look. I tried using the search function but I have not gotten an answer...

Thanks
Ramiro

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
05kzep241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
LZScout

Same thing happened to us last trip in my Alpine. Turns out the propane regulator valve is very picky about how fast you open it. Open it too quickly and it shuts down so that very little propane comes through. Enough to run a stove burner on low but not enough to satisfy the fridge.

The solution is to shut your propane bottles off and drain the propane from the lines by lighting a stove burner. On the auto changeover valve by the propane tanks, the indicator should turn from green to red. Flip the changeover lever from one tank to the other and back. Very slowly, open the valve to the tank the changeover lever is pointing to. Light a stove burner to ensure a good flow of gas. Your fridge should work on propane now.

If this is not the answer to your problem, it may be a weak battery. A good spark from the battery is required to light the propane burner on the fridge. The batter switch must also be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
LZScout

This is a better explanation I found on the forum:

"I solved my hot water problem, with a little help from a friend.

My symptom was my hot water heater (model SW12DEL) wasn't getting gas. It was working fine yesterday...but not today. I consulted a friend and he told me a story about how he had a similar problem with his furnace...in the winter. We tested his method and BAM! Thus this resolution will also work if your furnace has same symptom. Follow along and in these easy steps you get back in hot water or get you out of the cold.

Symptom:

Propane tanks are on and filled, gas is getting to the stove and spark to unit. But no gas to hot water heater (or furnace).

Resolution:

1. Shut off gas valves to tank(s) if you have more than 1. In my case I have (2) 30 lb tanks with one regulator with a manual divert-er controlling both.

2. Disconnect the gas line to the tank(s), notice you may be able to hear the gas bled from the hose.

3. Ensure your regulator is on for the primary tank (or the tank that has gas and you want to draw from).

4. Reconnect both tanks.

5. Very slowly turn the gas back on, you should be able to hear the gas recharge the line.

6. Now hit the on/off switch to turn on your hot water or furnace.
(Or fridge!)

What just happened?

Apparently (by my assessment) the gas regulators control the flow of gas from the tanks to devices...dah. The regulator internal valves sometimes will stick or malfunction. Hence...no gas flow to devices that require high-volume, i.e. furnace or hot water heater. Your stove doesn't require high-volume. By releasing the gas from the lines it also releases the internal valve pressure from the regulator. Hence resetting the regulator."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
Jerryb1973

Refrigerator problem

Well, I've been reading with anticipation that my similar problem(works only when plugged into shore power) would be solved. I've gone through the process described several times and the fridge won't go to gas.

Any other ideas out there?
Jerryb1973 is offline   Reply With Quote