Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Protruding staples and Eternabond tape

I was just checking out the roof of the trailer and I have about 5 staples sticking up under the EPDM along both sides of the roof. they are about 4-5" in from the upper edge of the radius corners so completely out of sight from the ground. They all look good at the moment (not tearing thru) but I'm thinking of putting a strip of Eternabond over each of them in the event they did try to come through. My concern is the folks at the dealership on the roof when the clean and treat it. They are not that careful....more like a bull in a china closet, so doubt they would ever notice if the did push one through the membrane. I know it won't look too good, but up there I'm not too concerned - just don't know it it's a good idea so looking for some feedback.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
Tbos

I had something similar in one spot on my roof and I put a glob of Dicor on it. I think the tape would work too.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote