Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #1
JBauern

DOMETIC Fridge LIGHT SWITCH

Good Day. Dometic Fridge MODEL DM 2652 . We bought the trailer new last year, July 2016. We are full time RVing, while waiting for our home to be built . ( still) . About 3 months into ownership, the FRIDGE light quit working, . New bulb. nothing. Finally was able to take the trailer in for other warranty work and the fridge work. The dealer said they replaced the switch. Well, the light quite working again. replaced the bulb. nothing. ohmed the bulb. good. Volt checked the contacts on the switch. dead. talked to dealer. they said. "oh well. the warranty has expired"

Why the heck would this switch fail every three months? that is dumb.
how is it removed? from what I can see, it looks like it , two squeeze tabs and pull out?
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauern View Post
... "oh well. the warranty has expired" ...
Check your owner's manual. The warranty on our Dometic is two years; if it's the same for you it means you still have time to go.

I can't answer your question, however others will probably have some ideas.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There are two circuits connected to the light assembly in the 2652 refrigerator. The light circuit and the door heater circuit. Both are connected to pin J4 on the control board in the rear of the refrigerator and to ground. If there is no voltage on the connector for the door switch, check the connections on the rear control board.

As for warranty, Keystone acts as the "go-between" for the first year, after that, the dealer or the owner must deal with Dometic directly for warranty coverage. The statement from your dealer tells me that he is not concerned with your future business as he is shirking his responsibility as a Dometic repair facility by not honoring the factory warranty (3 years per the owner's manual). Read your Dometic owner's manual (last 4 pages) for the terms of your warranty.

Good Luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
madmaxmutt

There also should be a plug connector directly behind the light fixture in the wall. That is where the power comes from directly.

And I agree, the warranty should be 2 years.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
JBauern

Wth.....

Good day. My stealership , well, I will not say anything about them, both good and bad. I bought me a continuity tester and a $10 volt / ohm tester from Walmart , and figured out the way the wires were going. What a dumb design. Power come into the switch, leave the switch, going out of the switch, and then TOUCH the lead for the light bulb, then go back into wall, come out, thru the bulb, then into the ground side, and repeat. The more connections there are, the more chances are of failure. Why not have the power come into the switch, then a LOCKING or a PUSH ON TAB , not touching lead, going to the light. Anyway. RANT OVER . Fixed. Thank you.
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:31 AM   #6
Johnny's Journey

Job well done. Keep up the investigation skill's in you. You'll be happier that way.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge, light