Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
I got it too. Apparently, "face palm" and "no no" emojis arent facetious enough.
And that somehow makes it OK to post information that is false? Even if one member "didn't get it" (it seems there's several who didn't, me included), it's inappropriate to post "safety information with a slant". Maybe, just maybe, emojis don't make up for "fake news"..... It's not appropriate to post false information, whether it's accompanied with a "face palm" or not...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 AM   #22
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
And that somehow makes it OK to post information that is false? Even if one member "didn't get it" (it seems there's several who didn't, me included), it's inappropriate to post "safety information with a slant". Maybe, just maybe, emojis don't make up for "fake news"..... It's not appropriate to post false information, whether it's accompanied with a "face palm" or not...
Sorry guys, I honestly thought it was so ridiculous that no one could possibly take it seriously. Obviously I misread my audience! Next time I'll use <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags!

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
Old 10-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Or better yet, just don't intermingle safety items with jokes, sarcasm or frivolous posts...... Joking is OK, but not when safety is involved. PERIOD.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 AM   #24
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Or better yet, just don't intermingle safety items with jokes, sarcasm or frivolous posts...... Joking is OK, but not when safety is involved. PERIOD.....
Seems a bit severe, but okay. Actually there was a point to my post, it wasn't just humor for humor's sake. I meant to underscore the ridiculousness of the statement made to the OP by their walkthrough tech "The tech that did our walk through said we shouldn't travel with any water in the tank". If they told me that when I picked up mine, I would have demanded my money back. The places I go, it would be impossible to avoid driving with water in the fresh tank. If the RV is so poorly designed that it isn't meant to travel with the fresh water tank full, it should have a huge warning sign that says "this RV is intended for full hookup camp sites only, dry camping should not be attempted".

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
Old 10-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
Seems a bit severe, but okay. Actually there was a point to my post, it wasn't just humor for humor's sake. I meant to underscore the ridiculousness of the statement made to the OP by their walkthrough tech "The tech that did our walk through said we shouldn't travel with any water in the tank". If they told me that when I picked up mine, I would have demanded my money back. The places I go, it would be impossible to avoid driving with water in the fresh tank. If the RV is so poorly designed that it isn't meant to travel with the fresh water tank full, it should have a huge warning sign that says "this RV is intended for full hookup camp sites only, dry camping should not be attempted".
Had you simply said what you just said, I don't believe anyone would have misunderstood your message. However, to "hide it among some misinformation with the hope that everyone would be able to read between the lines and glean the proper meaning??? Sometimes it's best to just say what you want to convey. This was probably one of those times.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #26
spicercars

OMG really who would transport there propane tanks empty? Think about it. I got it. It would be kind of silly to get to your destination and then have to take you tanks and get them filled??? People are so gullible. I find it very funny that anybody would take that comment seriously.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #27
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
OMG really who would transport there propane tanks empty? Think about it. I got it. It would be kind of silly to get to your destination and then have to take you tanks and get them filled??? People are so gullible. I find it very funny that anybody would take that comment seriously.
Quite the opposite! People post wrong or misleading info all the time. Others using internet search engines find these little gems and never see the accompanying smilies. Just read back over some of the false and misleading stuff that has been posted here over the years.

Laughing it off, ridiculing others, and tossing about criticisms like "gullible" just draws a line in the sand that can't be undone.

Newbies come in here, and they believe every word that is written.

We have enough problems with fake information and false accusations in this country right now without that attitude creeping into our forum discussions. Both mods have taken a pretty firm stance on that now.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
Old 10-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #28
Beerdude41867

I’m sorry I added fuel to this fire a number of posts back. But I actually see where the moderators are coming from. If someone that is new to RVing, read that, they wouldn’t realize the joking. Or if someone googled that question, that joking post might give them false info. So, I’ll forever keep this in mind.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
There are some places where propane tanks are not allowed. Some bridges and most tunnels on the east coast are like this. Someone could easily interpret the posted information to mean that as long as their propane tanks are empty they can travel safely, even is such situations.

It's time to simply say, if you know that it is incorrect information, it should NOT be posted on the forum. Adding a smiley or believing that the information is so blatantly erroneous that nobody would believe it is no excuse for posting a lie.

With that, this thread is closed. Please, if you do post, post accurate, factual information. Your disregard for that could be the cause of someone getting hurt or significantly inconvenienced. That's not the purpose of this forum and won't be allowed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread

Tags
5th wheel, storage, water