Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #41
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankintu View Post
That is what I did and it didn't pick up the channels. Unless there is a physical switch somewhere that I am not seeing. I switched to cable in the menu for auto scan.

I'd disconnect the cable from the TV and short the cable shield to center and then take a multimeter to the outside connection to see if it shows the short. If not. There is a disconnect somewhere between the two.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #42
LHouska

Passport 217EXP Norfolk Lake trip EXCELLENT!

Hello fellow Campers, well we finally got out and had a camping rip with no rain and I was able to take some pictures! We were able to attach our PUG thanks to this information from you all on this site! It was just the hubby and I so we only put down two of the tents, one to sleep and the side one for some storage. We decided not to use the dinette but turned it into a lounge for us to lay on and relax with a little Fawlty Towers before bed time. Then Stella (one of our fur babies) slept on it while her sister slept at the foot of our bed on her memory foam bed.

We have added a 4 inch memory foam mattress to one bed and the difference has been amazing! Next I will look into the insulation some have mentioned to lay under the bed, on crisp nights we think this would help with the chill. Other than that our heater kept us warm and cozy!

Still learning but thanks to you all we are learning some great tips and tricks! We have 3 more trips before we winterize it has been a great first year with our Passport looking forward to 2018 already!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8946.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	14075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8948.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	14076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8954.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	14077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8958.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	14078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8957.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	14079  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8952.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	14080   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8953.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	14081   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	14082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9213.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	14083   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8945.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	14084  

LHouska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #43
LHouska

We were just able to set up our PUGs and we attached the Velcro to the drip molding and it worked great.
LHouska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:03 AM   #44
Hankintu

Nice pics, it looks like you folks are enjoying your 217EXP, we sure do.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #45
Carrottop

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation. We have loved our 217 this summer and enjoyed camping in it all summer with few complaints. We took it into our dealer for the end of the year warranty work. with a list of items that needed attention. When it was done we went to pick it up and he told us that he has ordered a new front cap for the trailer as he noticed some delamination starting on the top of the cap. He said it is very minor now but will get worse in a few years and you will be out of warranty. Keystone approved the work and shipped a new cap to the dealer. I wanted to mention this as he stated the passports are known for this and he inspects every passport they sell before the warranty expires. So the balance of the 217 owners on here may want to do the same and inspect it or have the dealer inspect it. He also mention that they will reinforce the front top section when the replace the cap as he feels there is not enough structure there. He promises it will be better than factory. Keeping my fingers crossed as they rip my new rig apart.
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #46
SchafferFamily

TV and Cable Use

With regard to the Cable TV use, the rear CO-AX connection is for the incoming cable feed from the house or campground. To use it, just connect a good cable to the source, and then go inside.

Pull the TV out, and make sure it is connected to the TV and the output in the ceiling above the TV. You may see a little LED on up there on the outlet with a little black button, that is the Antenna Amplifier. You need to turn that button off.

Then, in the TV settings, go to cable input and search channels.

Similarly, if you want to use the antenna, you crank up the antenna, press in the button on the amplifier in the ceiling, select the antenna in the settings and search for channels. You may have to turn the antenna 1/4 of the way and scan again to pick up better or more channels. Once you have a selection, then you may turn the antenna one knotch or two at a time to try and clean up the signal.

When all else fails,... put in a DVD and get some Popcorn.

2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
2016 Passport 217exp
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #47
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
Just wanted to update everyone on my situation. We have loved our 217 this summer and enjoyed camping in it all summer with few complaints. We took it into our dealer for the end of the year warranty work. with a list of items that needed attention. When it was done we went to pick it up and he told us that he has ordered a new front cap for the trailer as he noticed some delamination starting on the top of the cap. He said it is very minor now but will get worse in a few years and you will be out of warranty. Keystone approved the work and shipped a new cap to the dealer. I wanted to mention this as he stated the passports are known for this and he inspects every passport they sell before the warranty expires. So the balance of the 217 owners on here may want to do the same and inspect it or have the dealer inspect it. He also mention that they will reinforce the front top section when the replace the cap as he feels there is not enough structure there. He promises it will be better than factory. Keeping my fingers crossed as they rip my new rig apart.

Kudos to your dealer for taking care of you instead of just letting it run out of warranty then leaving you upset. If their service dept. is any good, and I bet they are, you should come out better than new - so don't worry too much and good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #48
Carrottop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
Dealer finished the replacement of the front cap. I have not picked it up yet will on Saturday but he did tell me that the trusses on the top front were not level causing the delamination and he noted some minor leaking had already occurred. He leveled everything out and applied the new front to it. Hopefully this ends this issue for us. Again I advise everyone to check their unit and have the dealer do so as I suspect this is a common problem.
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:59 AM   #49
Hankintu

Well, it has been 9 or so months since this thread was active. I thought I would give a brief update on our experiences with the 217EXP.

We still love the camper although there have been a few issues;

The Contex TV would not auto scan on cable setting and pick up any channels, replaced with a Vizio the same size, all is good now.

Bunks and trailer stay dry when open and closed, even after days of rain. BUT, you have to be sure you close them correctly otherwise they can collect water when in the closed position, ask me how I know.

The harness holding wiring under the slider snagged on it when closing, fixed with cable ties.

The plastic slider in the screen door is a bit oversized causing a bow in it and creates a small gap for our insect visitors to enter.

The wood rail that the table rests on when in bed mode gave way, used screws to reinstall, still haven't got the PVC tubes to support the middle, but will sometime.

The outside speakers have decided not to work, inside ones are fine. Have yet to check out why yet.

There is one more thing that has recently been noticed, for some reason yet to be identified, I found the 3 bath towels that the DW had put under the bathroom vanity to be completely soaked. This was after bringing it home from a 4 night stay and it sitting for about a week next to the house, everything else was dry including all the pipes and water lines under the sink in the vanity. This mystery still not solved.

On the positive side, everything else is good, it pulls great, and has those 3 big beds so when fully extended the camper works out great for us and the grand kids.

Haven't found the need to get the bunk covers, and the bunks are all doing well quality wise, they are pretty easy to clean as it the whole trailer. We are now in our third year.

HAPPY CAMPING!
Old 07-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #50
Jefster

We loved our 3 bunk hybrid, though it was a jayco not a passport. But the floor plan of the 217 is what I would have bought back then if I'd had a larger tv, ours was a little shorter with no slide. We've gone a different route now, but you can't beat this floor plan for sleeping space and ease of towing.
Jefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #51
Dyhamazon

New to the forum. I was surfing the web to see what Passport 217exp users do to make their beds more comfortable and found this thread. Also if there are any tricks for using the shower curtain in the shower without creating a flood

We have a 2016 - 217exp and tow with a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 ecodiesel.

Our trailer had the tent ends with the bar going across and then under warranty we had them replaced to the older method. The system had no way of making the tension on the lock tighter and we constantly had water issues. I have a link to a YouTube video if interested how bad they were. Everything seems to be okay since. We do keep the beds open when parked at home as the kids often use it for sleepovers. We do get the moisture under the beds especially when there are 2 people sleeping on the bed. Some more outside accessible storage would be nice but what we have has worked quite well for us. Our model year does not have the cabinet doors to access the under table storage, this is the most painful part of the whole trailer. I also like that new model has shower doors as opposed to the shower curtain.
The layout of this passport works great for us and our family of 5 and sometimes the parrots.
Dyhamazon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, keystone