Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #21
LizzieUK

Wow that sounds great. How did you end up doing that? I lived in Padova and spent some time in Calabria many years ago and loved it - am hoping to get to grips with this 5er thing and get out exploring a little more, I've lived in Europe for most of my adult life, only came back to the UK three years ago. There are not many 5ers here, they are mostly used on film sets and for going to festivals rather than for touring, but further up this thread I posted a link to a UK forum where there are UK enthusiasts. There are a few dealers importing from the US and a few parts suppliers importing from the US so it's sort of happening and I'm sure somebody from the UK will shoot me down and say it's been popular of years but it's all new to me! Loving it so far and have descended to bribery and corruption so the dogs are coming round too!
LizzieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #22
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieUK View Post
Hi Tom
I've been doing some looking into things (better late than never!) and i totally see your point. I'm guessing he manages with a Ford 150 because Lincolnshire to Bedfordshire, where the van was and where it is now, is very flat. Would that make sense? Thanks.

Lizzie,
Yes, he may have been able to get away with it because of the route and mods he might have done to the truck.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #23
Cbrez

Liz, your Italian taste buds must have been very conflicted between northern and southern cuisine. Italians argue as much about food as politics

A consideration with the F150 is breaking. I don't think the F150 has a break controller as a factory option. Make sure the truck has a break controller so that the trailer breaks are activated when stopping. I'd probably wouldn't spend a lot of time driving in hilly terrain as well. Sounds like you will turn heads pulling a 5er down the road in the U.K. If folks think you are a celebrity, go with it!

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:23 AM   #24
LizzieUK

You are so right! I spent so much time learning what I thought was the most beautiful, romantic language just to find that all they talk about is tomatoes! Yes, a very big difference between north and south.

Thanks for the advice - it's all a very steep learning curve and as usual I'm learning after I've gone and done it! I don't imagine I'll be towing this one very much, if at all - it's more about siting it and using it as a base down south (my home is in the north). That said, I've definitely got the bug and am already thinking about downsizing to go touring in a year or two.
LizzieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:41 AM   #25
DAN d

wow congrats on new 5th wheel need to hear some storys of camping in uk good luck happy camping
DAN d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel