Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #21
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I didn't buy my Keystone because of the warranty; I bought my Keystone despite their warranty... I knew that short of a wall falling off as I left the dealer's yard that I would be on my own or at best at the mercy of my dealer... So I never considered Keystone in the equation... Things like the frame, running gear, appliances, furniture, roof, and slides are all under their specific manufacturer warranty... Keystone at best will supply condolences to the purchaser for their loss...

Didn't keep me from buying one...
Good one "Javi". At least Keystone will give condolences and best wishes. Back in 08 I bought an 07 Fleetwood Southwind Class A. It was 6 mos old, previous rich owner changed his mind and wanted a DP. After the deal was done and got it home I noticed a list to the right side. Home being 1500 mi. from Mesa AZ. Called the dealer they had me call Fleetwood. Service rep told me because I was the second owner there was no warranty for chassis adjustment. Did not even give me any sympathy just hung up. Ended up costing $1500 for machining blocks and wheel alignment for the sagging rig. Tried Ford, it was f53 frame. Nothing there either. Hooray for Keystone.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #22
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

sourdough, canesfan; Totally agree with both of you, been there did that , I am a firm believer in buying local and building that relationship. In my case bought from a local dealer, long time family business, got to know service department personnel including owner by first name. Owner could be found anywhere greeting and talking to customers. Had absolutely no issues with appointments, quality of service, etc.

Then one day heard that the family had decided to sell the business, since then it has been back to trying to build that relationship again. Some people still there some had left. Now the local family business (2 dealerships) is part of a dealership with stores up and down the East coast.

The point I was trying to make in my previous post was that RV sales are increasing at a rapid pace and it will have a impact on our service wait times. They are going to favor processing new sales, we all know how it is when we buy that new one "Need it Now" Buy local, support local, and in the long run you will benefit and of course bribe them to stay in business
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:54 AM   #23
Midnightsremedy

What a great thread! I'm a neebie, just a few threads up. This applies to me in some ways. Living in Sault Ste Marie, there is a Keystone dealer but Outback, not Premiere. Discussed with the owner that they didn't have the model I wanted so I bought from S. Ontario, 8 hours away. My home town dealer said that although he wished he had a TT to sell me he would certainly honor warranty work. The selling dealer in Orillia said Keystone dealers are 'obligated'.

The above statement doesn't really change anything discussed above. Time will tell. I agree with Javi, have found a few minor issues that I can fix myself and these are to be expected. There is a small chip in the front black fiberglass, Elite 19RB, that the selling dealer wants an estimate first to send to Keystone prior to work being done. That sounds okay, but I guess won't be if denied? hmmmm...

As far a quality I can't say, Except the month long snow storm stopped here so had a chance to go over the TT in detail. I must say I was quite impressed with the quality of construction.

I'm not going to worry about the warranty. I will, and I would suggest that any warranty issues be backed up with a jpg where practical, keep a good file system of emails to and from repair for the issue(s) and make sure the repair is dated when sent. I prefer email for this. You will have a record for what that is worth, and if the prob is within the warranty period that should be worth something.

Mike

2017 Passport Elite 19RB (has a KING bed!) 2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 (5.3L)

BTW: the only real surprise I got was on the drive back. 8 mph. headwinds. Somehow I was delusional I would get the same as my tent trailer! LOL
Midnightsremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #24
66joej

Mike Gotta love that king bed! Was that MPG?

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #25
Midnightsremedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Mike Gotta love that king bed! Was that MPG?
Yup, mpg. Thought something might be wrong...lol, but everything I've read indicated 8 -10 mpg (U.S. gallon, 3.785l, not a CDN gallon, 4.54l).
Midnightsremedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, quality