Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
whitescrew77

Lippert Flex Air Pin Box and a Superglide Hitch

I have a 2016 shortbed F250 crewcab, with a pullrite superglide hitch in the back to pull our toyhauler. What I would like to know, has anyone installed a Lippert Flex Air Pin box and successfully hitched it to a Superglide hitch? The superglide uses a caption plate underneath to lock up throat of the fifth wheel the turning motion causes the hitch to advance back as the turn gets to a high angle of turn. I have emailed Lippert and Pullrite, but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks.
whitescrew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Re: Lippert Flex Air Pin Box and a Superglide Hitch

I would think as long as you have the proper capture plate for the pin box you should be good to go.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
whitescrew77

I'm not even sure if they make the correct plate. I have a Lippert 1116 pin box, but I don't think my plate will just automatically fit the Flex Air system. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but like most things it won't be cheap or easy!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #4
JoeynGina03

I have a Pull right Super glide and Trailair Flexair with my Dodge 3500 megacab towing my 385BH.
You will need to get the pull right capture plate. Part number you are looking for is 331761.
Make sure you get this specific one. Some online vendors are going to say that the capture plate from a Trailair Rotoflex will work...... it won't.
On that note, I have a capture plate for a Rotoflex that is for sale!
JoeynGina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #5
whitescrew77

Thanks. I just found that out as well. I already have the capture plate for my factory pin box and was hoping it would magically fit a flex air one. But on the bright side at least they make a capture plate for it. I am tired of the chucking when towing our Impact Toyhauler.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:42 AM   #6
Harleytravel

Be warned. We have a 2019 new Impact and the Lippert Rota-Flex pin box does not accommodate the recommended Capture plate 331760. I am being told by Superglide that the first models on this unit have a slightly longer pin box and need a special edition of the Capture plate that is a little longer. There are two sets screws on the plate. One fastens at the pin, and one over the front (truck side) of the pin box lip. The standard capture plate 331760 will not allow you to fasten the front set screw over the lip as the plate is too short by a tiny amount. This plate has to be special ordered and we are told it will be 3 weeks (probably more). The warning is not to spot weld to hold it on, because if you ever need to be towed by a standard tow truck, you wont be able to get it off.
Harleytravel is offline   Reply With Quote