Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #21
hankaye

mobile42 an Smitty, Howdy;

Originally Posted by Smitty
I purchased this hose at Amazon.com for a fellow worker and he's using it on his fifth wheel when the weather gets colder. I know it's not the right type but he used it and said it worked out well for him. I'll try putting in the link and see if it works, still new to this. http://www.amazon.com/API-foot-Heate...6760905&sr=8-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile42 View Post
That heated hose wouldn't of never worked at the RV park we were at. Each RV site had frozen water faucets. Those below minus degree temperatures here in Southern New Mexico were really rare.
I live in my 278 RKS, in Central Utah.
However, I just bought it. The following is what I did the past 2 winters.

I had to put my own heat tape on the pedistal plumming. Used one of those hoses from the link. 1st. one died in a week. They stood by warrenty and shipped one out for next day delivery. Got it and it held up even when it got down to -40 or so for a few days in a row. When it gets cold here it stays that way. We didn't see temps. above +10 for near a month.
I kept ALL of my cabnets cracked open (I used to live in a TT plumming ran across the floor along the driver's side of the TT.) I skirted my TT with 1/2" OSB that I painted and had to dig a trench for it to fit in.The Park owners put 12" (ID) pipe stuffed with fiberglass insulation over the risers to the spigots. I had to put heat tape on the riser. Last year I had bought a heat tape that was 3 or 4 feet longer then my hose and used the excess for the riser.
I found that even when the temps. stayed above Zero, yet below 32 I still had to keep water moving through the hose to prevent it from iceing up. I was NOT impressed with it.
This winter I'm going back to my white hose, heat tape, and foam insulation. For me it's proven.

This next winter I hope to be in Southern NM.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #22
CAREYBD

Awning not properly installed caused rain water leaks inside along awning rail

2014 Cougar 327RES-month trip to Charleston SC for Mother's Day.

Raining down the walls! Trouble shooting leaks.

According to manual, Electric Awning needs to be removed, caulked, taped & reinstalled. Can do temp fix tomorrow since we have 3 more weeks camping but will take it to dealer.
Checking with insurance, wall boards hall, around door and bedroom may need to be replaced. Paper is punched up by the leaks along awning line.

Still raining here, took stress off awning by retracting,
still water is seeping down walls bedroom, hall, by door, wetting floor, first stair, bedroom bureau, hall puddles of water.

Also Lane faux leather furniture is delaminating, will have to replace recliners and L shaped sofa.

Have extended warranty hope it covers something??
CAREYBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #23
CAREYBD

CW in Charleston is booked.
Made CW In FL appt when we get back in June, for awning, walls, hall window (leaked in between hermetically sealed new window and inside screen), and delaminating Lane faux leather recliners and L shaped couch.

DH said I cannot buy a new rig???

Extended warranty good til 5/2018. Hope it covers above.
In retrospect retracting awning took stress off but may have put more water into channel and down our walls.

CW said to let it dry down, apply silicone.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #24
Tbos

I'd get a good dehumidifier and run it and the AC in there at the same time. Someone needs to get on the roof and or a ladder and check the seals around the roof, walls and windows. Hope you can get it taken care of soon.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #25
CAREYBD

inspection, awning is fine, needs some silicone around light strip wiring opening).

roof inspection-
roof has multiple 1"-2" tears in TPO that run intermittently for approx 15 ft. from front high point of RV roof to doorway (best guess is while driving collision with a branch according to Insurance).

Insurance Authorized temp repair til it goes in to CW in FL 6/7/2017. CW has 3 week wait in que. Said leave it for 3+ weeks.

Tech people at CW both Charleston & Summerfield FL were terrific. Great advice and hand holding.

Good Sam Insurance was responsive, immediately filed the claim, didn't even want pics, walked us thru process.
Only call them if temp repair is over $500 (deductible).

CW carries TP roof repair 25 ft strip in a roll( approx 4" wide),
verbally walked us thru trimming damage edges, dicor cleaner and applying repair strip of TPO, rolling strip.
Best advice let it dry......"as strand board holds water". Its been 90 degrees for 3 days and rain should hold off til weekend.

Insurance "do not apply any unauthorized fix, other cements/products can disintergrate TPO".

I am not going to do this temp repair. Retired civil engineer, 73 & holding want to make it to 74, RV, travel and boat!

Mobile RV repair service echoed same approach as CW.
Will come and do repair.

FL CW will do final repair, check walls, floor, hall window for water intrusion.

Thanks for advice, no evidence of odor, mold or water in basement.
Wall paper has small intermittent puckers at the ceiling along drip line.

Like the idea of annual roof inspection, and hiring some younger person to clean/treat/inspect the roof!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #26
CAREYBD

Great mobile service 1st Choice RV Charleston, SC.
Rips in TPO were right over the seam of strand board.